Do healers like or hate healing BDKs?

Inspite of BDK being the most self-sufficient tank, I heard some healers complaining that it’s stressful to heal a BDK.
Is it a common thing? Do healers have that kind of stress healing any other tanks as well ?

2 Likes

My roommate hates it. He’s my Guild Leader and when we run keys together he refuses to heal me if he sees I have more than 50% RP. I could be at 10% health with 5 mobs on me and he’ll be casting whatever it is that Prevokers cast for damage because I should be Death Striking harder. His words. :smiley:

I like it when the BDK knows their limits, but when they try to tank those Void Cleaves or Icy Strike (whatever they’re actually called) in Shadowmoon and Azure Vaults instead of kiting, and end up dead with the mobs bolstered, I’d have preferred waiting longer for a Prot Warr.

1 Like

They right though. If you have 50 runic power you can heal your self better than a healer. High end healers like bdks. Mid range healers don’t understand dks.

1 Like

Healing a bdk that you’re like in voice with or that you just know is pretty stress free. Otherwise you never know what you’re gonna get, even if you’re tracking their rp.

The healing I receive from healers usually is at 2nd or 3rd spot of overall healing done by a healer (mainly from cleavimg heal or hots). And I thought healers liked playing with BDKs since they didnt need to babysit them like other tanks.
What do you think about brews ? They look solid with the newly revamped talent tree.

BDK is pretty sink or swim, if the tank doesnt talent right or deathstrike enough, they just get rekt and you end up babysitting them. That being said, watching bdk health bar yo-yo gives me terrible anxiety

6 Likes

I know it’s different in high keys (like around 20+ keys) where coordination is very rigid, but I feel like I’m gambling with the tanks health when playing with Blood DKs. And bad DKs will make your life miserable. But some of my best runs where with BDKs as well, so idk.

Brew is in a great spot but need constant healing. Like hots. Which makes druid amazing for them. Takes lots of coordination to do big pulls currently but they make up for it with crazy damage. A good brew is another dps so they can chain and chunk through groups faster.

I dont have a brew to test it out yet. But from my speculation, brew has really as strong scaling as BDK to be a self-sufficient tank.

• Passive 16% healing receive (8% passive + 8% aura) increase is equal Vampiric blood.
  • A bunch of talents + purifying brew to significantly mitigate the stagger dmg on top of celestial brew and healing orbs.

I need to play brew at high level to see how it works in pratical though.

Blood DKs are probably the easiest for me to manage because it mainly involves tracking their personal defensive usage. They got IBF, Vamp Blood, and Dancing Rune Blade, and all are down I usually drop a Guardian Spirit on them if they’re taking a bit of damage.

Also, my power word shield damage mitigation works better on them than just casting heals.

1 Like

Brewmaster also increases healing received based on their crit chance. Hot healers get tons of extra just from passive Stat stacking.

1 Like

I find there are more bad blood dks than most other tanks. I see more DKs that walk into packs and fall over in 2 seconds than of any other tank

2 Likes

Issue is most of their self healing comes from heavy stagger, so magic and big hits on pull can kill them. Dots also don’t interact well with stagger. I played brew all of sl and got one currently. Thinking of going monk next season. I enjoy it.

2 Likes

The deal with the blood DK is I never known when I need to assist the tank with the healing, their health bar is constantly doing a roller coaster turn (Up, Down, Up, Down…)

To me, the worth spec to heal in the game, don’t get me wrong, they are very good, awesome even sometime, but they put me in a bad situation at all time : I never known if I should prioritize healing to the tank, or the group, or If I can pull some dps in the party.

I have to pull every HoT and other thing on them at all time, it’s awful.

:heart: You are not alone ! :heart:

1 Like

I normally like healing them, if you track their CDs + RP and the player is competent it’s usually pretty hands off and manageable. They’re self-sufficient for the most part.

I’ve had a bit of trouble with them this week during large pulls, since storming is always a BDK problem because it can mess up their ability to deathstrike, and I’ve noticed a trend of my tank front-loading CDs so I’m assuming they start running dry when/if mobs get really bolstered and run into problems. That’s just my guess as I’ve never played BDK.

1 Like

No, if I post my 19-20 key BDK is the only tank I will not consider inviting. Terrible to heal cause you don’t know if he needs heal or not. Usually I don’t heal him and he doesn’t seem to need anything. Then he suddenly drops in 3 seconds and is dead. Worst tank to heal by far (im a druid).

1 Like

Storming isnt that big of deal for BDKs, fortified + bolstering combo is. When the mobs get fed enough their tank bursters can delete BDKs.

2 Likes

Its great, you dont need to heal them 95% of the time and you can just focus on healing your party or doing damage instead.

If it’s not someone you’ve run with before, it can be uncomfortable not knowing when they are just fine and when you need to steer the roller coaster.