Do any of you play Classic casually?

That would be me. I don’t have a character past level 35 and, being an altaholic, I have been playing a bunch of them to experience the different classes, how they level, how the talent trees work, etc.

I do miss not having done Molten Core or Onyxia but despite that I’ve kept playing because I enjoy it. Probably my favorite server is Grobbulus (where I have some Horde toons). I’ve experienced many acts of random generosity there and found the players to be generally decent and fun. I started a toon on Faerlina but it was so damned toxic I deleted it.

So are there any others out there like me, just tootling along in Classic without any mad need to get to 60 or are we casuals a dying race?

14 Likes

I am taking my time, cause when you take your time, you don’t get burnt out and starving for content. You have all these sweaty mouth breathers playing for 18 hours a day and wondering why there isn’t anything left to do lol.

Currently leveling a rogue on alliance, i’ll level this guy to 60 later, warlock was kinda boring me.

Everything in moderation

14 Likes

my main just dinged 23 this morning. lol. i made an alt army today and sent them all bags on this server because i have a friend here and am having fun with them. most of my levels have been since level 10 healing dungeons for a 47/48 mage who is soloing them for us. lol. make good gold too. it’s been fun.

4 Likes

Do I look like a casual? :pensive:

2 Likes

Both my Main; my Forsaken Protection Warrior Qthulhu, and my Minors, this Forsaken Rogue Quince, and my Shadow Priest Burrose, are all played casually.

I did not really set out to play my toons casually, that’s just how my Classic play style turned out.

Nobody’s higher than Qthulhu, who’s only gotten to level 20.

I ought to have everybody at 60 by this time next year!

So—as people used to say—Smile! :smiley:

3 Likes

No, but then I did ask for input about casual play, so not sure what your comment is about.

5 Likes

im only playing classic to get the unstoppable force and pvp as a 2hd enhancement shaman.

2 Likes

the highest i’ve gotten a hunter is like 13. by your level is dealing with the way you train pets annoying? really thinking about leveling him more tomorrow when i play.

Playing a hunter in Classic is obviously very different to retail, but I’ve been enjoying it. Once I hit 30 on mine she started doing some really decent dps/damage. That’s something I’ve noticed on the alts, that you get a lot stronger once past the 20s. Just need to make sure you keep an eye on the training and the foodz.

i have a couple of 120 hunters in retail that i enjoy very much. i was initially discouraged from playing one by how complex the systems seem to be but honestly i think that it probably won’t be so bad. i’m glad to hear they pick up eventuallu. :slight_smile:

Yeah, you don’t really get into your too. Until roughly 30

I’m pretty casual. I can’t get motivated to spam all the dungeons and raids, but I do try to run some content and try for upgrades.

Maybe when BWL is live with BGs. I think that’s where I’ll get more heavily involved (provided BG queues aren’t god awful).

For years I played a lot since 05 retail and was one of the first in guilds I was in to cap lvl and also gear, but i did not work always or part time, now i work 9 hour days. The game is cool and all but i have seen it many times now over the years making different toons, so its not something new and as exciting as the first time playing any game.

Plus I thought the phases were going to last about 4 months each so no huge rush, I did want to be capped and geared somewhat for pvp and Bgs. Who knew phase 2 would come this soon and now 2 Bgs, so i am bummed now I am way behind most 60s that even has BIS already… and the ganking is really slowing things down for questing now almost to point i push my self to log on, my highest is 54.

1 Like

I do…have a 43 mage…30 lock…24 shaman taking my time because you know Ony will always be there…just need enough gold to get my horsie to make the enjoyment complete

I’m doing mostly alts here. I have a mage at 45 and I’m letting blue soak up a bit before continuing. Also, I find Frost incredibly boring to play. I like the challenge of AoE farming but I don’t like to be a hog when other people are just trying to quest. So typically, I just end up questing and a dungeon when I can find one.

The problem I’m having is, I have 6 other alts and they’re all about the same level. I’m getting confused on who needs what. Did Alt A do VC yet ? Do I need to find the Messenger on Alt B ? etc etc.

Yes.

2 Likes

Yes casually my highest horde is 50 highest ally is 46 couple 20 30s etc. But most days just play 1 2 hours. Im having a blast not worried about what others are doing. Ill do it with them when i get there. Have a good guild filled with great people

2 Likes

Taking my time, finding out what I like.

I’ve been end content easily past 15 years. No rush here.

Went hardcore the first month to 2 months, raided, got epicced out, made lots of money with pots and black lotus. Friends stopped playing, and the only one that kept playing casually went to a pve server. So I abandoned that character and play casually +. I guess. But I’m not too much of an altaholic. I have a 37 warrior I play with her pally. Then I have a 50 Hunter and a 26 pally.

But knowing every in and out and leveling routes, what to buy , what not to buy… Makes levelling a breeze. She always refers to me as a machine. Which is true. Lol

At this point yes.

Its an inherently “casual” game and that’s not a bad thing at all.

Its old and outdated.

Its been “solved”.

The PvE content is ridiculously easy.

The PvP content is grind based opposed to skill based.

Your playing it the right way OP. Just enjoy the game at your own pace, enjoy the RPG elements of it. That’s its strong suit.

8 Likes