Do alts have to do the 2-4 hour quest line to kill world boss?

I just tried to take my alts out to vale and they are still only seeing the level 90 version of vale.

However, a friend who has not done the new quest line is seeing level 120 mobs and the world boss etc…

Yet another friend is experiencing the same thing i am where everything is level 90 including my wife’s account.

So what is it? Do we need to do the quest line to see the new world boss or not? I have scoured the forums (although I am tired and very grumpy about this patch and may have missed it)…

Any help or advice is welcome… and before you say, Just do the 2 hour quest line, I have 37 level 120 alts and I work for a living.

You can do the world boss right from the moment you get the Magni quest to meet him at the Temple there.

So I tested it out you are 100% correct. You have to pick up the quest from valeria than go set magni in the chamber than do his quick 5 min spiel, once that is done you get sent to halls of origination. Its is from that point the world changes over and world boss is unlocked.

Much better than what I though even easier than nazjatar