Do alliance ever sleep?

I’ve been waiting hours trying to get to a war crate. For my extra 60 conquest but even at 1:39 am on a Thursday they are still swarmed….

2 Likes

We are ever watching from above! :eyes:

4 Likes

Not while you’re watching.

6 Likes

They may not teach this in schools where you are, but there are actually two hemispheres on Earth.

I’ll give you time to process this new information.

EDIT: Sorry I’ve been watching Drag Race so feelin’ sassy. Australia has a huuuge Alliance population.

6 Likes

Actually, there are four. :wink:

5 Likes

You do realize time zones are a thing? Right?

3 Likes

we own everything so dont even try /salute

2 Likes

Thats like ~2pm in alliance dominated oceania :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

People keep mentioning this but don’t they have their own region? Why go into a server that’s not your time zone?

2 Likes

A lot of australians play on non frostmourne/barthilas servers

Moonguard, for example, has a very active population at 4-5am EST due to this since there are no oceanic rp servers

Tichondrius and sargeras are also the main pvp servers guild wise

And ofc grouping with someone will layer you to their shard

There are also a lot of degenerate NA folks like me who play opposite hours from everyone else :sob:

4 Likes

I’m guessing that possibly groups are put up in premade and Oceanic players join them? That would be my guess anyhow.

Yeah, but they wouldn’t be Oceanic players, they would be US playes. The Alliance status for Oceanic only applies if your toon is on an Oceanic server. Unless, as I said, they joint premade groups based on those servers.

2 Likes

What? I’m saying someone can play on a NA server and their IRL timezone can be oceanic = they are alive and well at 3am est while others on that server are sleeping

2 Likes

Yes, that is true, but if they create a character on a US server, they aren’t an Oceanic character (a player sure, but they are playing on a US server). My point doesnt relate to the time so much as to the Alliance/Horde balance.

Alliance is generally stronger on Oceanic servers.

1 Like

Yes and the frostmourne alliance players i know generally have alliance alts on NA servers :stuck_out_tongue: lol
Like moonguard and a lot on sargeras which leads to more activity at odd NA times due to their timezone etc

1 Like

Yes, that is true. And they would be US Alliance Alts playing on a US server, regardless of where the people live. They would not be Oceanic characters.

Can we agree on that?

2 Likes

Yes, as long as i’ve expressed myself clearly in my 6am EST i-need-to-go-sleep state that australian timezone players are numerous on the alliance and late NA nights is not safe for horde scum :joy:

1 Like

OK. I guess that having extra Alliance players on at a late/early hour is good under geneal circumstances.

Presumably they don’t have much problem with the latency (since we obviously suffer that when playing characters based on US servers - which we always had to do until we got our Oceanic server). I dunno how difficult or otherwise that makes PvP but its good to know the girls and guys are helping y’all out. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

That moment when you realize that the schools where you are didn’t teach you that there are FOUR hemispheres on Earth.

(northern, southern, eastern, western)

3 Likes

I love my late night bgs with oceanic players, you’re all really awesome :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

aww shucks, she said in a poor imitation southern accent. I’d help out but Im fairly lousy at pvp. Although I have fond memories of playing my priest and fearing people off the cliff in Warsong Gulch.

2 Likes