DM vs VC Deadmines/ Diremaul dispute

Back in the 90’s I got a FF7 strategy guide and it was pretty fun to flip through it especially because that game never changed or got updates.

1 Like

Man I’d been on cable for 6 years at that point, 1998. Thottbot was also never resource intensive.

You were. The vast majority of the population was not.

This is what happens when you write your documentation from specs and not from implementation.

Clearly a doc bug.

Not to mention the guide was out of date the moment Maraudon was released. Then Dire Maul after that.

It’s still proof that VC = Deadmines is as old as the game itself and not some pserver thing that was created later.

But it’s not something we used live. Not on the three servers I played on back then.

Er… It’s proof that one server, the server the writer played on, did it at minimum.

It’s not proof that it’s the right, or wrong way to say Dead Mines when you don’t feel like typing in the EAD and INES.

Can always not be lazy and shift click the name of the person that’s LFG instead of sperging about which acronym they are using to LFG

LFG Shout addon can help clarify things its customizable if it becomes a problem for people

At this point it’s just a meme/troll thing now. Anyone that takes it seriously needs to take a chill pill.

But I need something to be upset about to distract my self from the fact that DEADMINES IS VC.

1 Like

Deadmines is DM it existed well before Dire Maul, and Dire always followed with a wing direction or tribute run etc.

I saw that article too. They actually quoted me in it which I thought was funny, because I always try and be as trolly as possible when discussing DM vs VC.

One of the dumbest things to argue about that I’ve ever seen… but business as usual around here.

DM has been dead mines since launch, there was no dire maul for half a year, and anyone looking for a dire maul group always appends a N.E.W.T. to it.

If they say “DM” with no east/west/north along with it, my first thought is always Deadmines.

That said, both sides in this never-going-to-end dispute should shift-click for level and/or zone. That bit avoids most confusion.

This is the 11th post out of 97 but in all honesty this was the true end of the thread. This is the correct answer.

1 Like

I actually write “LFM Deadmines” or “LFM Dire Maul” in my message.