DM vs VC Deadmines/ Diremaul dispute

Ive always laughed at this whole argument. Like typing out, The Deadmines or Dire Maul is going to impact their time by so much they need to establish a new abreviation for one or the other.

Oh! Do ‘gif’ next!

For me it’s merely about acronymous accuracy.

It’s not so much a debate at this point as a meme or a troll.

“Why do they call it a VC 360?” becau…

IT’S A DM 360 NOOB!

Ner’zhul called deadmines VC back in the day

Dire Maul was “DM East , DM West, DM Tribute” , etc.

Because when Metroid sees it, he turns 360 degrees and walks away.

1 Like

Gotta love these xbox 360 parodies

I think it should be
DM=deadmines
DMW= dire maul west
DME = dire maul east
DMN = dire maul north
DMA = diremaul all

HA! Metroid IS the Princess newb!

I"m looking forward to runnng DM. I probably won’t be running VC again any time soon.

Sadly you still thought fit to spam yet another thread about this ridiculous argument … in spite of your alleged long time playing the game it seems you still haven’t learned to READ THE FORUMS and see if what you feel an irrestible urge to post has already been posted UMPTEEN TIMES ALREADY!

You’re not aloud to necro post and i just read this article on PCGamer website so its current and relevant news with Diremaul being released today.

Have a good day

That’s exactly what it was.

1 Like

What strategy guide was this then. Was it really released before wow was, or just before the private server was.

The Brady Games Strategy Guide. Published in November 2004, before WoW was released.

Skip to the glossary of acronyms. VC = Deadmines

Well I’ll be, it does.

Shame it was never used on my three servers. Silverhand, Cenarius and Lightbringer.

Who actually used Brady Guides for any game ever anyway?

We had Thottbot.

2 Likes

I remember the only time I ever got a strategy guide was as a gift from someone older than me who didn’t quite understand that I had access to the internet and really didn’t need some thick magazine of increasingly obsolete information.

I would assume collectors

Lots of people did. Back in those days, physical copies of strategy guides was still very much the norm. Most people were still on dialup or were just recently being exposed to DSL and cable for the first time.

1 Like