DM vs VC Deadmines/ Diremaul dispute

Or were a private server nooblet.

1 Like

EVERYONE on Manno called it VC regardless, I started at launch but by the time I got back from the military no one was referring to it as DM anymore

Also facts: VC is a boss, not a dungeon.

Dire Maul runs must ALWAYS have the wing(s) you’re running attached to it. DM:E/DM:W/DM:N/DM:Tribute

The whole VC thing is a troll.

Some research has been done and there is no record on the internet of VC ever being used before 2019.

It depended on what server you were on back in the day as to what you “grew up” with.

However DM=Deadmines makes more sense since you will almost never be doing all of Diremaul in one go, you will be doing either north, east or west. So DME, DMW, DMN, DMNtribute or something along those lines.

If VC=Deadmines
LFG RFC(RC) is now = LFG Bazzalan or LFG B
LFG WC is now = LFG Mutanus the Devourer or LFG MD
LFG DM is now = LFG Edwin VanCleef or LFG EVC
LFG SFK is now = LFG Archmage Arugal or LFG AA
LFG BFD is now = LFG Aku’mai or LFG A
LFG Stocks is now = LFG Bazil Thredd or LFG BT
LFG Gnomer is now = LFG Mekgineer Thermaplugg or LFG MT
LFG RFK is now = LFG Charlga Razorflank or LFG CR

LFG SM/GY/Lib/Arm/Cath = LFG Bloodmage/Arcanist Doan/Herod/High Inquisitor Whitemane = LFG B/AD/H/HIW don’t confuse Ragefire Chasm with Graveyard now.

LFG RFD is now = LFG Amnennar the Coldbringer or LFG AC
LFG Ulda is now = LFG Archaedas or LFG A Don’t confuse Uldaman for Blackfathom Deeps now.

LFG ZF is now = LFG Gahz’rilla or LFG G
LFG Mara/Orange/Purple/Princess is now = LFG Lord Vyletongue/Razorlash/Princess Theradras or LFG LV/R/PT

LFG ST is now = LFG Shade of Eranikus or LFG SE
LFG BRD is now = LFG Emperor Dagran Thaurissan or LFG EDT
LFG LBRS is now = LFG Overlord Wyrmthalak or LFG OW
LFG UBRS is now = LFG General Drakkisath or LFG GD

LFG DM:E:W:N is now = LFG Alzzin the Wildshaper/Prince Tortheldrin/King Gordok or LFG AW/PT/KG

LFG Scholo is now = LFG Darkmaster Gandling or LFG DG
LFG Strat Living/Dead is now = LFG Grand Crusader Dathrohan/Baron Rivendare or LFG GCD/BR

1 Like

Must just be hallucinating all my time on Mannoroth during vanilla.

VC.

/end statement

There are plenty of records. You are just choosing to ignore it Troll Hunter.

I think what happened back in the days was that it started as DM:E/DM:W/DM:N/DM:Tribute and DM:VC but people simply went with VC after a while.

The strategy guide that was released before the game came out says VC = Deadmines. It was not a gradual thing at all. It’s simply just some servers called it VC and some didn’t. I played on multiple servers back in the day, alliance and horde both and it was different across servers.

1 Like

Are we refering to the name of the last boss in every instance? No. Why would we refer to 1 dungeon this way but not the others.

Because no other instances have the same abbreviation?? Obvious is obvious man

Guess we should stop saying LFM for Princess.
You could pretend you don’t know what they mean, or you can just think a little bit and realize what they are going to do Mauradon and kill the end boss.

You mean like how obvious it is to shift click a person and see if its a lvl 18 or 50?

Former Vanilla player from Magtheridon US - Alliance 2004 - 2007.

Deadmines was always called VC for Van Cleef.

Dire Maul was always called DM (East, West, North, Tribute).

It is known.

1 Like

What do you think is the more convenient: Visually seeing VC and knowing what this is about, or having to shift click everyone who advertise a DM run? Yeah, again, obvious.

Im not having issues figuring anything out. Its the Trolls that flamed everyone over the use of DM even though Dire Maul wasnt even in the game yet. Ive had no issues adapting, how about you?

1 Like

So you had a hard time figuring it out prior to Dire Mauls actual release? Gotcha.

2 Likes

This has always triggered my OCD.

The Deadmines should’ve been TD.

Dire Maul should be DM.

They are alternative facts.

:sunglasses:

2 Likes