DM vs VC Deadmines/ Diremaul dispute

I’ve played since open beta of 2004. I was just reading an article that had an discussion about “The Deadmines” abbreviation, people argued about LFG DM or LFG VC because it was abbreviated by the last boss to differ form Deadmine/Diremaul

Why not keep it LFG DM “The Deadmines” and LFG DM+ for “Diremaul” because it has multiple wings North/East/West

This should help extinguish the flame between the two.

What are ya’ll thoughts on this.

Updated: The article i read was from PC Gamer website.

You’re in the wrong sub forum. You need the Classic forum. No one on retail will care.

But fair warning, the folks in Classic will care a LOT.

3 Likes
  1. classic forums?
  2. everyone knows its VC. If not, they can learn
3 Likes

Deadmines was always DM. If people wanted to run Dire Maul they always typed out Dire Maul.

7 Likes

I edited it hopefully it moved it to the classic forums

I don’t know why Mannoroth Alliance picked VC, but they did, so I call it VC.

I know what people are talking about if they say DME or the like though, and don’t really care what people call it.

1 Like

When I started on Stormreaver in 2004 it was either called Deadmines or DM

2 Likes

Who cares?

This is a private server thing.

Don’t let them change us! Deadmines DM FOREVER!

5 Likes

It’s pretty simple. There’s many ways to know what someone means without being a fool and typing out VC.

For example if someone says DM then you can use your common sense and brain and shift click them and see their level.

If they’re level 15-30 they mean deadmines and if they’re over 50 it’s probably Dire Maul.

5 Likes

DM:E, DM:W, DM:N, Tribute.

7 Likes

Shift-click.

“Oh they are level 20. They must need Dead Mines.”

Shift-click.

“Oh, they are 50+, they must need Dire Maul.”

:roll_eyes:

8 Likes

we had this argument in Vanilla too. you’re more likely to see an end to the Israel/Palestine conflict than the “DM means Deadmines/Diremaul” conflict.

5 Likes

My thoughts are that you misunderstand the situation. The people who make a big point of the abbreviation for the dungeon want an argument.

2 Likes

Level 20 rogue LFG DM

1 Like

And if they’re asking in Westfall general chat, they clearly mean Dire Maul, to judge by the number of idiotic comments that follow.

Apparently PC Gamer website does theres an article about it

Its a dumb point, even in 2005 I just shift clicked peoples names if they were 21 I know its not Dire Maul!

DM is Dire Maul
VC is Deadmines

These are facts.

2 Likes

I you haven’t realized that ‘news’ sites and companies just make articles for the rile-up factor then I don’t know what to tell you.

1 Like