DK self-healing is out of control

I’m afraid you don’t get to cherry pick. It’s #4 in dps specs behind Rogue, Mage and Destro. #2 melee.

Not too hard. It just might have been balanced. Still better than Arms, Ww, Ret, Feral, Enh, Sub, Sv, Havoc etc.

pve unholy and pvp unholy are so far apart they might as well be different specs.

I’m talking about pvp.

1 Like

then you need to give context, dps in arena is less important than your ability to create and exploit a kill window, our ability to do that is what was directly nerfed.

Primarily because DK was S-tier and some DK comps still ARE S-tier. The topic is about DK self healing, which is still obscene, necrotic got a slight nerf which was warranted but you create direct pressure by denying healing.

how so? plenty of other classes have better self healing

in PvP the best way to reduce dmg is to avoid it

Dk has the least amount of “get out of here” defensives, thats why it got survivability buffs, if you cannot escape than you must be made better than most at standing there and taking it.

DK wont cloak, Vanish and sprint behind a pillar
DK wont Freedom,Pony or divine shield out of bad position
DK wont leap out of a bad spot
DK wont fel rushx2 and vengful retreat to safety

It by design must stand there and take w/e output is being thrown at it, unless you want it to go from being the laest mobile class to middle of the pack in mobility with a nerf to DS than sure, but then its not really a Dk anymore its a Ret paladin without DS.

They needed a surv buff but blizz overcompensated imo. Then when blizz nerfed, they nerfed the wrong things.

alot of this is due to the nature of the DKs survivability mechanic

When a Paladin uses divine shield a giant red flag is sets off for the opponent to stop there offensive action or atleast immediately change strategy because… hes clearly immune.

Same with having your mobility as apart of your defensive package and you use it to LoS behind pillar or transendence behind a pillar, you cannot hit the target anymore so in peoples mind it becommes obvious " defensive measures have been used i need to do something different’.

For a DK however there is no glaring red flags, hes still right there in front of you… hes still seemingly taking damage… and hes not trying to run away… yet im not killing him “something is very wrong with this picture Blizzard” this reminds me of paladins being angry in TBC when they added in the new graphics for Freedom,Protection etc etc because for those players who didnt pay attention formally telling there opponents “dispell this” became a strategic advantage they lost.

Im sure alot of people would learn more readily what to do if when Death Strike is used a giant red blood presence icon should up above the DKs head. so people can be formally told “i should probably kite right about now”

1 Like

Where are you getting your data? If you are talking about ladder rep most DKs got their rating before the nerf so your numbers are stale. durp.

If you are talking about pve FDK is firmly mid tier and UHDK is firmly bottom tier.
www.warcraftlogs .com/zone/statistics/23 (remove space in link)

Most people have no idea how DKs work and bit*ch because they cannot face tank them.

Go to the arena forums and find any Dillon post about this issue and get educated. This issue has been beat into the ground.

Disarm and nuke. Free win.

And those classes are under dks in arena representation

omfg. You cant look at the ladder which covers the whole season and say it represents DKs after nerf. Think a little.

Even after nerf dks are still highly represented over the classes that have better self healing

How are you showing that metric?

I see no date filter on arenamate

well I think they need more healing and damage

DK self-heals only stronger in BGs cos more targets, yea?

Looking at one BG result from yesterday … I spot a DK landing

3.6m Damage
2.6m Heals.

That’s significantly higher than any other DPS self-heals.

In Arenas though I dont think they do anywhere near the same amount of healing… so it’s really only a BG thing I think.

I should clarify DK numbers will go down since the recent change, I expect them to drop under DH in strength - who I feel will be tied with WW for #2.

?? no, unless you are running 2-3x bone spike graveyard or using the talent life and death, they have no healing advantage for facing multiple opponents.

btw, those talents are really only effective for unholy in an epic bg against a large number of opponents, such as ashran or the occasional AV turtle.

what you are likely seeing is DKs who replace deathcoil with deathstrike and use it as their main RP ability, and while that works at a basic level of play, it is not proper use of RP. a smart dk is using deathstrike only to heal up to 90% or full and then switching back to using deathcoil as a RP spender. dks who use deathstrike as their RP dump will have high heals, but not much of it is effective, essentially they are padding the meter and you can ignore it.

I just leveled a healer on and off through the 80-99 RBG brackets. All classes need self healing because their healers are likely dead and unable to heal them.

I lost count of how many times I became a focus target of Mage and Rogue death squads. I was stun locked and fried into a graveyard before my team could even think about peeling off to help. A DK told me he is often a focus target also. He died just as fast as I did by the way.

But you want to call for DK nerfs when this in your face unbalance from Rogues and Mages is making a joke of BG’s?

I think the real issue is that with lucid dreams you can vastly increase rune regen which gives pretty much unlimited rp via rune usage. It’s pretty disgusting. Defending dk self healing is like trying to defend Greater pyro…