DK self-healing is out of control

no, my point is that you shouldn’t be mad at someone for blowing a CD to counter you.

1 Like

pretty much, i wish more people would try dk before qqing about them being OP, i think they would find that we have no real mobility, our defensive CDs are pretty weak compared to everyone else, and our damage is not very big, self healing and surviability is all we really have.

I would say we have pretty good CC. In BGs I function as a support player rather than getting kills. AoE damage, chains of ice, gripping players, etc. In 8.0 when DK healing was bad (on top of having rather weak defensives) it was impossible to be useful at all.

2 Likes

I have played dk and theirs a reason a lot of people have been playing them atm. I disagree with the defensive cds being weak. Dmg isn’t bad either mobility I can agree with but the death strike healing they can do is insane. I have personally done and also seen people face tank people for a good amount of time as a dk

3 Likes

dk can last a while, but not indefinitely, we are supposed to be slow moving juggernauts, if we dropped like any other dps we would be nothing but slow.

uhdk has been popular in arena due to our anti-healing role working well in the current livelong meta, however that was nerfed hard.

why people are rolling them bgs eludes me, master dks will be fine even with nerfs, FOTM rerollers running either frost or unholy are pretty much a free kill.

its not like DK is a stellar performer in raids or M+ either, reaping is no longer a thing and we are middle of the pack in raid dps with a lot of weaknesses to contend with, such as being very weak to constant target switching and having most of our damage rolled into 1 cd.

1 Like

Yeah. I had one genius dk grip an enemy right next to me as I was capping a node in seething bore.

Dude was like thanks for the grip, and interrupts me.

Then they wonder why they can’t find any friends to play with.

2 Likes

They got some insane self healing for sure, best counter I find is to disarm em when they get to low health. Or some other way to stop them from using Death Strike.

1 Like

so here’s my healing after 1 arathi blizzard:
https://imgur.com/a/nGrgkwO

middle of the pack is out of control? though it does seem like most of the QQ about dk healing comes from classes lower on the list than me.

Death strike ignores dodge and parry

Too bad that isnt true either

I meant the rogue parry spell. It’s called riposte I guess. And no it doesn’t ignore it. Rogues use it on me all the time and death strike does nothing.

Since WoD death strike has ignored dodge and parry

no, it did that back in wrath, for blood, it does not ignore dodge and parry, or at least doesn’t state that in the tool tip anymore.

Never stated on the tooltip in the first place

it used to, frost strike was also something that couldn’t be dodged, blocked, or parried. this was originally so that when tanking, you wouldn’t incur a crit from the boss by getting parried.

that said, i think i’ve have had rogues with evasion up dodge my deathstrikes, so i imagine that part of the spell was removed a long time ago.

asked acherus, the only time it had that status was in cata.

Its been that way for dps this whole time. I’ll go test it tonight

I would trade self healing for large active ability damage buffs.

yeah we can go deep into dampening but in the end we lose because we don’t have the kill potential any more.

Uh… what? UH is still the second best melee dps spec in game right now - maybe only slightly ahead of arms/ww but definitely second. UH had too much kill potential before and it’s just a bit less now.

You’re still easily part of some tier 1 comps

1 Like

i find this statement ironic because unholy isn’t a pure melee, its a melee/ranged/pet/dot hybrid.

that said, our specific kill potential cds were nerfed hard, based on here and acherus it seems everyone is still trying to figure out how to recover from that nerf. keep in mind this applies mainly to arena, we’re fine in bgs as we are more of a multi-role support class than a dps.