DK bots in BGs

For those posting that they never see DK bots in BGs, here ya go. I did 3 WSG bgs this morning and they were ALL DKs. I was the ONLY real person in those matches. Out of 20 people, I was the only one that wasn’t a bot. All the DKs made the exact same movements the entire game. I can’t post pics but I have them. It’s insane.

4 Likes

Guildie posted a screenshot of a BG he joined today with 9 DKs and 1 paladin.

For Mankrik at least the big thing seems to be farming OK, but I’m looking around now and I see a good chunk in Utgarde Keep, Blood Furnace, & Dire Maul as well. I’m not 100% sure about Utgarde Keep, but I definitely see some typical nonsensical names in there and it’s the most active dungeon besides OK which is filled with a disproportion amount of DKs in it.

1 Like

yup was just in a 8 dk wsg. the bots are out of control

1 Like

that’s what you get when you allow free Death Knight creations.

2 Likes

On a serious note, how is this done? They are from different servers yet they all make the same motions. They all stay on one “path”. Someone created some sort of script that allows this?

One or several computers running several WoW clients and Bot Clients.

Bot Clients come ready to plug and play, with some minor tweaks to macro activities, such as duration, inactivity intervals, etc.

Many bots doing the exact same means they are using the same botting client, which is employing the same code and routes.

These bots are massive operations with hundreds, sometimes thousands of bodies distributed in all servers.

From a network perspective they should be VERY obvious unless using proxies which I doubt considering they don’t even bother to write proper names. If they aren’t being banned within hours of starting, it’s simply because no one is watching OR there is an order to not ban them right away.

2 Likes

The ones that form faux guilds to better hide themselves from player reports don’t even bother making guild ranks in English. I believe seeing ranks on player mouseover is an addon function, one I’ve had for as long as I can remember, but it speaks volumes to how little effort they need to go beyond the outward appearance they give to players. Guilds being filled with 80-100% DKs, all likely doing similar farms while having Chinese guild ranks should be really easy to flag for someone to investigate in a meaningful timeframe, but these guilds just seem to go almost completely untouched. In fact I have a notepad of guilds I populated back in TBC, and a lot of them are still active with DKs now instead of mages.

Moreover you can only report people on the who list for inappropriate name now rather than cheating which seems to really hurt anyone wanting to help out via doing an instance sweep.

1 Like

yeah man, the chinese letter guilds kill me lmao

weeks ago I went in a CoS run with a Warlock that would keep runing into the walls and apparently being AFK.

After a while I noticed his demond had Chinese letters by name. I just lol’d

ALL DK BGs

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.