Dispelling in CH should put you into PVP combat

I write this as a member of a guild that chooses to raid with no WBs. Players with the ability to dispell/purge should be put into PVP combat after dispelling/purging an enemy player while in Cenarion Hold. The dispelled/purged player has no recourse that will not get them insta-killed by guards.

AND flame!

2 Likes

I agree with this idea.

Dispelling an enemy buff is a hostile action. It should put you in PVP mode.

2 Likes

First, amazing on the no wbuffs raids! Not sure if you’re the same guild that is on Netherwind but I am definitely curious to see what those raids shape up to be.

On the dispelling. Agree, but won’t be changed. It also takes a special type of unaware to travel into CH with dispellable buffs in a situation where it matters.

I agree with you as well about venturing into a neutral city expecting to keep buffs. However, I also just find it irritating hearing the purge/dispell sound effect every ten seconds.

I am just happy if I don’t eat a pyroblast on load in. Definitely happened several times. Some people really dislike gnomes.

2 Likes

I didn’t even realize it didn’t put you in combat…

Totally agree with ya, bub.

Does it not? In Booty bay guards go after dispellers/purgers, so im pretty sure they do in Cenarion Hold too.

1 Like

Between dispelling world buffs and summoning infernals, you would think Cenarion Hold is a battleground or something. Who would have guessed this sort of behavior would take place in a neutral town? :rofl:

I’m surprised to hear dispel/purging doesn’t initiate combat. If that is true it is clearly an oversight that should be fixed.

1 Like

The CN guards are heavily bugged. There is a known exploit to cause guards to attack peaceful and even afk enemy faction players at no harm to you:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/exploit-summoning-infernal-on-non-flagged-players-in-cenarion-hold-causes-guards-to-attack-non-flagged-players

4 Likes

This. Surely it’s a bug of some sort for that not to be the case.

2 Likes

Its this bug that has many issues.

1 Like