Dishonorable Kills Need to be in Phase 3; not Phase 2

:man_facepalming:

Not necessarily. Depends on how the programming for the system is laid out.

No you cannot. Killing Non PvP NPCs will LOWER your Honor. Very Quickly.

Right, but killing PvP Flagged NPC’s, that was a method for grinding? Because if so, I’m going mage and AOE grinding towns. :stuck_out_tongue:

No if memory is not faulty only Faction Leaders gave you any honor… not random grunts in Crossroads.

2 Likes

Between the honor system and the introduction of BG’s everyone was at TM/SS 24/7 as well as Winterspring and the occasional city raid, and that’s how you ranked up - killing other faction in world PvP. With the introduction of DK’s just 1 would demolish your honour gain, and everyone was too afraid to AoE or group up for fear of it. So people sat in cities/outside the BG’s instead duelling. That’s how world PvP died.

Edit: NPC’s gave you nothing except the city bosses, but you weren’t punished for them.

3 Likes

I would prefer it too, DKs in at Phase 3, instead of Phase 2.

That would give Phase 2 a chance to have city raiding.

City raiding can still be in there. You just have to not care about climbing to Rank 14.

1 Like

And that is a change it to the original experience

DKs should come with BGs

I feel for you. But we’re getting 1.12 systems and that includes dishonorable kills.

My advice to you since we’re so late in the game and they’re not changing it–roll a class you don’t need the r10/11 items for. Get your gear through raiding since it’s better anyways.

I think its a bigger loss than just having a harder grind to rank. I took part in city raiding twice (both failures), and it was alot of fun. I always wished it happen more often. It is a fun experience. I signed up for vanilla right around the time BGs where added, so I didn’t even experience the system without DhKs.

Warts and all. I think it is a good thing to try to replicate the lawlessness of some old school games. And if we can include a phase where the honor system is active without DhKs the community might have a different take on it as a whole and the ‘problems’ it caused. And then when DhKs are added in Phase3 we will have another chance to see what effects (intended and unintended) they have on gameplay.

I know for most of us, myself included, we mainly just want to play old school Wow and have fun. But I do think Classic has a small responsibility to try and be a museum piece. And this is a ‘small’ change that better emulates vanilla.

I detest pvp but I don’t agree with rolling out Classic WoW in any form other than how it was. If it isn’t true to the original then it is just going to upset and alienate all the same people who gave up and left the first time around. Blizzard must learn from their mistakes and give people back what they feel was taken from them. So if they’re rolling out content in phases then each phase should be true to the times. If DKs were not around during phase 2 then they shouldn’t be there this time. It is a bit of a slap in the face to returning players.

I won’t be rolling on a PvP server so it won’t impact me. I’m far more concerned with how sharding/layering will change things and I’m severely disappointed to learn this will be a thing.

… but both issues face the same problem. Classic WoW had a certain magic to it. You can’t meddle with any element of that and still cast the same spell. If it is not presented exactly like the original, then it will not be Classic WoW at all. Blizzard needs to get it together before they ruin the game a second time for everyone who is willing to give them a second chance.

1 Like

I for one cannot wait until they load in Dis honorable kills. I don’t mind be ganked by opposite factions that are with 5 levels of me, part of the game and enjoyable even if I die. A lvl 60 killing me at lvl 20, that is silly. Casual player so I am sure most who do nothing but play in there mothers basement all day will disagree. Just because you have try hards pushing levels doesn’t mean actual working adults shouldn’t be given a chance to play. It worked back in the day and it’ll work again.

1 Like

They added DKs because they know this community needs to learn quick and fast that they will get DKs for randomly and mindlessly killing everything.

1 Like

Aaaaand DKs didn’t even remotely prevent such.

Yeah dhk’s were more of a thing to discourage killing of quest npc’s, and even then it really didn’t do anything, people would just eat the penalty if they didn’t care about honor.

Considering that Honor without DKs and BGs in vanilla was a 2 month blip in the whole of the original game, they should have just released Honor with BGs in phase 2.

Thats not how DKs work… You get DKs for killing Civilian NPCs not for killing “honorless” players…

I have got to agree with you, putting DHK in the game durring the world PvP stage would be a disaster. I can already see all of the complaints rolling in about getting griefed by low level players trying to ruin their rank. This is the WORLD of warcraft and to implement them into the game prematurely would make the world unihablity for many pvp players without having a bodyguard to soak up the DHK.

To be fair. If DKs didn’t come out until phase 6 after the top guilds cleared Naxx it would still probably be imba but nobody would care