Dishonorable Kills Need to be in Phase 3; not Phase 2

Took them long enough…

DKs were part of PvP CONTENT! so yes they are content. Systems are CONTENT. Playing word games with “system” “content” doesn’t add weight to your argument.

And I knew the Dunning-Krueger like response of someone obsessed with system vs content :slight_smile:

A version is a full snapshot. When you separate its content and systems it’s already a Franken-patch, hence your invalid argument.

Btw phase 1 won’t have honor so it won’t be 1.12 system wise.

1 Like

I guess so and cross realm bgs wasn’t out until after naxramas as a thing, but blizzard doesn’t seem so interested in pvp or the developers as they were about pve phasing.

All those phases and sharding is a franken patch no matter what some trolls says.

Uhhh there are DK’s during the world pvp phase? Ffs…

Let’s see how keen everyone is for TM/SS, Winterspring, city raids etc. with DKs… zzz.

You just invalidated your entire argument.

1 Like

you can hate it, thats not the point, its still a system part of 1.12…

Daaaaaammmmn Davy!

You should of broughten this up much earlier!

I understand what you’re saying and I’d have to agree but we are to close to the finish line now. Unless!! It actually is an easy fix but I truly do not know.

Like others of said we are getting progressive content, not systems.

The Honor System and DHKs are seemingly linked together so we have 3 options…

1.Leave it how they have it.

2.Push out the Honor System to Phase 3 with BGs(which would also be a change for obvious reasons.)

3.They recode whatever it is they need too to make it so DHKs and the Honor System can be introduced seperatly.

1 Like

Meh. DKs only matter if you want to get Rank 14. If you already decide you’re not going to mess with that hell grind, DKs become a lot less of a problem.

Others have pointed this out. But it was buried under a mountain of layering posts.

We have no idea how close we are to Phase 2 let alone Phase 3.

It is…

They are being cute by half with these claims. DKs are a part of a system that provides content. Having them in P2 changes the authenticity and that has been stated as the main goal of the Classic Development. And one of the reasons we are getting layering…

No… in Vanilla the honor system was in the game for a full two months before BGs were live. During this time there were no DKs and a few people were able to farm out high ranks of honor. Once DKs hit world PvP was very risky for people trying to gain GM/HW. DKs were put in the game to lessen the killing of opposite faction quest NPCs. In practice DKs became a tool of griefing same faction PvPers.

1 Like

The game will be fine. Classic begins in a few weeks and I plan to have fun.

I don’t care what Blizzard says I stand by what I said. DKs should be in the game at the same time they were put in vanilla.

1 Like

Cool. We’re not getting progressive systems.

You know the funny thing. Back when the PVP content plan came out, and the No DHKs thing happened, I was a supporter of the progressive DHK stuff, but now that we know how the system’s logic is working, fighting this is a lost cause and isn’t going to happen.

Bu the Honor System is not being introduced until Phase 3, so it’s obvious that systems will be changing from Classic Launch until Phase 6.

Also, describing “stats on items” as systems is pretty bizarre.

The Honor System is being enabled in Phase 2. It’s already in the game as evidenced in the Stress Test and the Beta. You simply can’t generate HK’s (or DHKs) until Phase 2.

I spent another day thinking about it and I’ve changed my mind. I would prefer DHKs be removed from Phase2 and Included in Phase3.

This most likely won’t happen but I do think it is preferable. So put a mark on your belt Davy… you changed my mind.

2 Likes

Disabling DKs for Phase 2 and then Enabling DKs for Phase 3 is very simple and absolutely should be done for the Authenticity of Vanilla World PvP.

One at a time sir. We have months and months to make this happen!!

Still say it would be far more fun to swap DKs and HKs, so that killing players is a DK, and killing questgivers is an HK.

I wasnt in the game this early, but are you saying you could kill a town, and rank up in PvP that way? Without fighting players?