Discussion: Upcoming boomkin changes

since these changes are posted in a place where a very limited number of people can reply i thought it might be nice for everyone to see and discuss.

how do you feel about these changes from a pvp perspective? eclipse, mastery ect.

what would you like to see for boomkins moving forward?

seems like people arent happy about the starfall changes which i understand but the other side of that coin is the spell not feeling very valuable in some situations, aside from giving us the ability to move while casting.

how would you feel about boomies working similar to hunters, being able to cast damage spells while moving as a core mechanic or as a talent?

OP: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-druids/1279517/197

1 Like

off the bat it’s gonna be cool to be able to get into eclipses while being trained just on instant starfires. finding space to wrath twice against some cleaves was irritating

anything is better than what retail is now nothing is fun about being forced legit play one single comp to achieve any rating, u try to play any other boomy comp like ele boomkin u just lose to legit apes. I think im already retired this season after 100 games

Sounds like ele shaman earthquake

1 Like

Does this annoy moonkin? I’ve been shearing the second wrath just to be a dink but not sure if its really all that a detriment

i’m not good enough to be casting fake wraths early to tank kicks before it becomes annoying-and if you are doing that, you’re wasting gcds that are pretty valuable with how much druid can be doing at any moment of the game-so yeah it tends to be

without eclipse up your mastery on live is a dead stat, so getting stopped on it pushes your contribution to a go back by a bit or heavily dents it if you send anyway

the change they’re proposing won’t help much with how hard it is to get eclipse up on setup comps that just line while they wait for DRs, pmuch just gonna benefit into comps that give you infinite owlkin procs but threaten a lot of kicks

1 Like

I already posted enough in the druid forums about them but I’ll say I’m excited to see the further changes coming however I see the few ones listed as purely positive from a pvp standpoint. It’s actually a substantial boost to astral damage. This of course is subject to simple numbers tuning though.

1 Like

maldiva and supatease was top of lad wit ease quein boomy aff

The changes feel like 50/50 progress.

Mastery changes: It doesn’t sound as bad that you will get increased damage with the dots that you put out and it can help when you aren’t in your cooldown windows. I understand that it feels bad just putting your Moonfire on all your target once you finish they are all dead, but depending on how the tree goes you get Twin Moons and be able to put your Moonfire faster and just Sunfire once BAM you got all your dots on hopefully you might be able to generate enough AP for a Starfall while dotting. I see this change as a good and bad change.

Eclipse Changes: My opinion on this change feels nice that I can choose which eclipse I can go but feel like the system they have to enter eclipse is not good. My opinion of the eclipse system should be like the old MoP version but with changes that I am about to explain. When you are out of combat you are in the middle of alignment and depending on which spell you use you enter that form and STAY in that form until you are out of combat or you start using another spell type. Example: I start a fight spamming WRATH and my alignment is going to Solar eclipse once I reach the Eclipse I stay in SOLAR ECLIPSE and my WRATH gets the increased damage because I am still in SOLAR ECLIPSE, if I start using my STARFIRE I will gradually start going to LUNAR ECLIPSE, if I want to stay in SOLAR I just continue my WRATH rotation. In a scenario of mythic+ trash, I can spam STARFIRE to enter my LUNAR ECLIPSE and stay in it until I am out of combat which it will reset to the middle or we are chain pulling to the boss for then I start switching into SOLAR ECLIPSE where I will get ready for single target. Now people might say well what CA/INC well when you activate your cooldowns both ECLIPSE are activated for the duration it is. That is where you can do anything you want. Starfall and Starsurge are Astral damage so whichever your ECLIPSE is on you will still be getting an increase in damage. That is my take on how they should change the eclipse changes. TLDR: Change back eclipses to MoP style so that you are able to stay in your specific ECLIPSES without changing back and forth.

Starfall Changes: Cool that it is back stackable, but with the talent trees that can do changes depending on the fight or even bring back HURRICANE. Make stellar drift and side thing without the increased damage but keep the CD. (If they bring back a hurricane) They can make it that you if you are using Starfall you can channel HURRICANE while moving now it sounds broken but how about with the mastery changes if you are opt-in for Stellar drift your Starfall will only do Arcane damage, while your hurricane does nature damage. You will put your dots out to get the increased damage for both nature and arcane and then you Starfall and use hurricane, now of course Starfall and Hurricane will cost 50 AP so you will have to pool your resource to drop two big AOE spells. If you don’t opt in for stellar drift, Starfall stays Astral damage (while Hurricane is only nature damage) and you will have the option to drop 2 Starfall stackable or move if you want to channel Hurricane great but remember there are mechanics so you will have to move.

Improved Starsurge changes: If they keep the eclipse system how it is then damn that sucks that they removed it. If they change it then I’m ok if they remove it.

Shooting Stars Changes: Great for more AP generate if maybe they add hurricane back then another Spender YES!

That is my two cents on the changes that were announced. I know it’s long but I feel like the Eclipse system of casting two spells opposite of what you want is stupid.

Edit: I didn’t notice it was a PVP thing, what I am saying is for PVE maybe could work for PVP.

These changes are SIGNIFICANTLY better. The eclipse system is very very bad for pvp and feels incredibly frustrating to play around.

Currently, mastery is a dead statt 1/2 the time, except really good in incarn (and promotes some really cheesy stuff at low rating).

Starfall change is just a better iteration. You can easily use it to tag for combat, stop drinks, and otherwise “punish” pillar humping (currently just hard counters boomy)

Improved starsurge is useless; you can never do that reliably in pvp anyways.

Shooting star change is just good.

michael jordan would have been a great player wearing $10 shoes.
doesnt mean they are good shoes.

• Starfall has been redesigned to the following:
    • Instant. Costs 50 Astral Power.
    • “Calls down waves of falling stars at the targeted area, dealing Astral damage over 8 sec.”

We gave a cooldown version of Starfall a chance again for Shadowlands and we don’t feel it has played as well as we had hoped. Having a Starfall that moves with you is awesome and something we had hoped to keep, but for gameplay we feel it’s better to be able to choose to spend additional Astral Power for more Starfalls.

• Steering Wheel has been redesigned to the following:
    • The wheel is now round, and no longer poses a safety hazard in accidents.
    • It has been moved to the trunk to free up additional space for the driver.

We gave the square version of our steering wheel a chance again in the 2022 Corolla and we don’t feel it has been as enjoyable as we had hoped. Having a wheel that you can balance a drink on is awesome and something we had hoped to keep, but for excitement we feel it’s better to be able to use a round steering wheel instead.