Disconnects and lag

I began experiencing an issue last night 7/18/19 @ about 8PM eastern. Ping in game goes from 46/45 to something crazy like 75/4053. I have been getting a random disconnect w/ it. Just want to bring this to attention.

I’ve:
Reset the modem
Power-cycled the modem
Restarted
Flushed DNS

No changes have been made to computer/game/network and issue appeared whilst in game.

Unable to post WinMTR results, error stating not able to post links. Looks like the offending hop is

“et - 0 - 0 - 4 - br02 - eqch2 . as57976 . net - 3 | 1075 | 1046 | 45 | 58 | 2136 | 47 |”
I added spaces in to post it. Unsure if it’s relevant but I read that there is a trust level associated with accounts on the forum to be able to post links? I have been a continuous player since 07 how is there no trust? LOL Seems silly for such an old account to have such a restriction…

Hey Faytel,

Can you post the entire WinMTR to pastebin.com and then share the unique link here?

(provide the code from the pastebin link - the bold portion of this example: https://pastebin.com/ Qk28Ed1P)

Here ya go TdaJ8ynk

Thanks!

| 10.0.0.1 - 3 | 1092 | 1067 | 3 | 11 | 68 | 16 |

It looks like you are losing around 3% of your data between PC and router. Packet loss like this could definitely cause latency to spike up, since the data has to be re-sent. Are you using a wireless connection to the router?

The latency spike on as57976.net is actually normal and expected, due to how those routers are set up. We can see that the worst latency goes back down on the next hop, which is good.

My mistake. :frowning:

Just to confirm, we haven’t seen any widespread server issues that would cause world latency like you are describing. If everyone was running into the issue we would definitely see a lot more posts and tickets about it. Our network technicians do constantly monitor the status and health of our servers and network though, so if anything like that happens they will be on top of it.

If you are also getting errors on the forums (which is a separate connection from the WoW connection) that indicates something is likely going wrong between your modem and our servers. Do you by chance have a mobile hotspot that you can connect through to see if things clear up? Or are you able to use a free VPN to connect and see if the latency issues go away? Either of those would help confirm if the issue is with the ISP or somewhere in the route between us.

Forum issue is minor I was talking about the 5 of the most 6 recent posts being lag issues. Tweets to blizzcs about lag. where there is smoke there is typically fire

1 Like

I as well as several of my guildies have been having severe lag issues on lightbringer. Yesterday as well as today. Unplayable.

^^^^^^^^^
Sorry was not logged in as my toon. But there is definitely an issue.

Hi Faytel

As the Forum Agent mentions there is packet loss showing up on the router. This packet loss carries down each hop switch all the way to blizzard. That indicates it is real and is likely the cause of your issues.

1. |------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

This was happening to me at one point found out my ISP oversold a package they were selling for higher bandwidth. I would get lag from 5ish pm to around 11ish pm and it would pick up again around 4ish am to 10ish am. These times are when people are either coming home from work and before they go to bed or just before they go to work or wake up in the morning.

I agree that 3% loss on your home network is not very good and will cause latency issues. You might want to give your ISP a call and have them take a look see if there is an issue.

It looks like it might be the modem itself. I apologize for any inconvenience. I know the 3% local loss is bad I just couldn’t explain why it was only happening in WoW, but it is happening else where now too. Thanks again

I would try a different Ethernet cable Faytel. If you don’t have one handy try switching the plugs around on the one you have. (Reverse connectors)

I already have. it looks like the issue is w/ the modem itself… I spoke to my ISP and they are getting errors from the modem and are sending someone out.

Seriously? no server issue? we have been reporting it since tuesday and we have got no answer.

I am experiencing terrible lag on stormrage in gilneas. Every time I accept/complete a quest or loot a mob there is like a 3-4 second delay.

It has been like this all day.

I just checked and I do not have this problem on Dalaran server so it is clearly a problem with Blizzard.

Wisskee your issue is different than the OPs. They have packet loss issues on their home network that the ISP can see and are investigating.

Your problem is the re-occurring Ability/Loot lag that has been hitting us all: