Disconnections

You may not be wrong, but it’s not possible to know if you’re right since you’ve taken a very combative stance regarding a technical issue.

My experience when dealing with these issues:
Most ISPs will deflect responsibility if a very low standard of service is met.
Most home networks leave a lot to be desired.
Most game companies will do their best to guarantee a good experience for their users. However, there will always be problems, and in outlier cases it helps if the user does his/her part to diagnose the source of the problem.

That being said; saying, “I’m not wrong” is more often than not - wrong.

2 Likes

As I previously stated I’ve spent the last two weeks troubleshooting and working with my ISP to test my network and replace all of my equipment only to be told by wow “tech experts” that I need to take initiative. Laughable at best.

When you say you’ve tested “hardline,” did you connect directly to the modem or are you going through a router? Are you connecting via a repeater with the ethernet cable plugged into your pc?

Is there another PC in your household that you can test on?

Directly to the modem from my pc via Ethernet. But the issue persists when tested on wifi as well. My PC is the only one in the house other than my wife’s work laptop and testing from there is not an option.

I get random latency spikes of up to 850ms on (world) side just before the dc happens.

The staff is fully trained in troubleshooting network issues and they’ve advised you to perform the WinMTR. Why be so stubborn about people trying to help you?

The tests you’ve been performing have absolutely nothing to do with what we’ve been discussing here. Pinging your own equipment does not test the route to the server at all.

Additionally, it’s really inappropriate to disparage any of us trying to HELP you. But if you prefer to suffer network issues and be miserable, that’s on you.

1 Like

I’ve seen several forums where people experience the same issue preform the WinMTR and the response is always “oh that’s strange” and again I DIDN’T ASK FOR YOUR HELP. I was replying to the OP who was asking for help.

Don’t disrespect me by suggesting I need to take initiative after I’ve spent two weeks doing nothing but troubleshooting and I won’t disparage you, deal?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.