Disconnected since this weekend and the timelost poto was to spawn

so I have been though all steps and also have opened tickets on this issue have not been able to login on wow since Saturday I also been part of a group that is waiting on timelost proto and it did spawn and it was my drop time it get now since I was not there do to this issue I lost out now I have to wait in back off the group for almost 1 year to get to low spawn rate . the days missed I should get back since this is not a issue on my end. what about a eta on the issue being fixed. stop giving answers that have nothing to do with why we cant get on.
I have fiberoptic and done all steps with router and pc file and pigs vpn’s and all that good stuff but nothing also called internet com and they did more checking and there stuff is good . so plz fix and keep us updated with real answers to this .

2 Likes

This is not Tech Support; you’ll want to post in that forum and keep them appraised of everything you’ve tried. I’d first start with whatever error codes you might be getting.

1 Like

(wow51900328) is the same code must is getting which is the same I have post in tech support and like I said we keep getting nothing from there end but dead ends and open tickets and they close them with the same reset this reset that it don’t work

1 Like

There is already a megathread in that forum for this error. If you haven’t added your voice to it, I would strongly urge you do so, and keep it bookmarked for any updates. But Customer Support cannot help with technical issues, only account- and payment-related issues.

3 Likes

Customer Support will not be able to compensate you for the potential of getting a TLPD.

5 Likes

It wasn’t Blizzard’s fault either. The DDoS attack was on the ISP node ahead of Blizzard. They were victims as well, not the cause. Who’s going to compensate Blizzard?

Your group is not on the only copy of the zone. The spawn there is not the only spawn of it. You could get the TLPD at any time. With sharding and CRZ and other groups you could get it faster than one year. The one year restriction is yours because you are in that group, not because of Blizzard.

The main issues resulting from the DDoS attack have been fixed. That was what the reboots of Classic were on Monday and the work on the authentication servers on Tuesday. Anyone who is still having issues needs to post in Technical Support so that Blizzard can see what else might have been affected. As the cause of any ongoing issue isn’t currently known, nor a fix available, Blizzard would be unable to give an ETA.

You need to reply to those answers, not make a thread in another forum. The one who was answering you most likely isn’t even in this forum.

So have you documented this in Technical Support? Have you sent an MRT report taken while you are trying to log in?

Fix what specifically? Are you wired or wireless? Is it one character? Is it more than one character? Is it Classic or Retail or both? What operating system are you using? “Plz fix” is not enough information.

At this point, most issues are restricted to a few players. Even the megathread is only a few. Millions are not having issues connecting to the game. Each remaining player could have a different issue causing the same result. What sort of answer are you actually looking for? They have given a “real answer”, it just doesn’t answer yours.

Edit:
Moved to Tech Support.

5 Likes

Reported for trolling. OP has a genuine issue and doesn’t deserve to be treated this way. Mocking their farm routine, belittling their issue and shilling victim card in favour of the company taking money from OP. You should actually be ashamed of yourself. If you do have power to move posts that should be removed immediately.

There are two groups who can move a thread - the OP, and Moderators. This thread was moved by Blizzard moderators. It belongs in Tech Support, but was incorrectly posted in Customer Support, hence moved. The poster noted the move because some of their comments were about where the thread was posted. Seems mods agreed if they moved it.

The other comments are spot on. Blizzard was the victim of a fairly nasty DDOS attack on the ISP roads into Blizz. Think of it like an attack at the nearest intersection to the store you want to go to. Nobody was trolling in this thread or mocking a farming routine.

2 Likes

My issue is not with where the post was moved (even though if you really take a moment the OP is asking a CS question, OP is well aware of the tech problems and has taken steps to correct)

My issue is that if I ever received a response of “The one year restriction is yours because you are in that group, not because of Blizzard.” I’d take my money and run. OP is not even blaming Blizz for this, they are simply upset with the situation and are wondering if there is anything Blizz can do to help…you know…cause Blizz owns and operates the game/servers…

So ya…to that end, i DO believe that post is trolling. Do you think its okay for elitest players to be running around Tech Support forum telling people that they’re farming wrong?

I know exactly what a DDOS attack is. Its deplorable that the company position is that we should all feel very bad for wittle baby blizz when the company is deliberately leaving players offline 5 days later.

Want me to leave the forums? Let me in the game. 'Nuff said.

They were not told they were farming “wrong”. They were told that the choice to farm with that particular group was exactly that - a choice they made. Blizz is not responsible for that choice, just like they are not responsible for what Guild or raid team someone joins. It was also pointed out that a year wait is not needed, as there are other ways to farm the TLPD.

Not sure how or why you think that is trolling. I get the OP is frustrated, but personal choices about grouping are not something I would blame a company for.

The answer to that is no. Blizzard will never give someone loot that might have dropped. If the loot does not show as awarded to that player in the game logs, the GMs can’t give it to them.

As for game time that might be granted - Blizzard has done that in the past, but not until the situation is 100% resolved and they know what the full impact is. Normally though, that is for situations where Blizzard is at fault for the issues.

We have to wait and see if Mgt decides to grant any game time. If so, that will be announced across the board, not individually on the CS or TS forums.

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply. This is the reply this topic needed from day 1, not to be moved to tech support.

Kinda upset that you’re defending the guy who wants to do your job for free but we can agree to disagree on that one.

Last time Blizz knocked out its own servers with an update that lasted over 24 hours and players didn’t get jack. So I’m guessing it will be more of the same on that front.

Again thank you. Cheers.

Marisol doesn’t work for Blizzard.

When? The servers haven’t been down for over 24 hours in years. They did give us free game time. Are you talking about another time when some scum DDoSed the ISP nodes leading to the Blizzard servers? When Blizzard was a victim of it. If Blizzard is as fault, they say so.

And Blizzard had a genuine issue and didn’t deserve to be treated this way either.

I didn’t mock it. I stated that a specific part of their farming routine is on them, not Blizzard. If they are restricting their ability to get those mounts it’s their decision. Blizzard is not part of it.

I didn’t belittle their issue. I put it in perspective. Their possible issue with the TLPD is their choice to limit how they farm it.

Blizzard was a victim. Blizzard was the business impacted by the DDoS. Blizzard didn’t DDoS their own servers. Some tool with more money than brains did it. Now, not only are they having to deal with issues that resulted from the attack they also have to deal with players who want Blizzard to compensate them because Blizzard was targeted. Players weren’t targeted directly, but Blizzard was. I’m sorry you can’t see that.

I didn’t move the thread. I edited it in when the thread was moved so that others would know it was moved.

I never said they were farming wrong. I said it was not the only way to farm. If they limit themselves to just that method then how long it takes is on them, not Blizzard.

Not from your posts.

They aren’t. The DDoS attack caused problems. The reason players are still offline 5 days later is because of the scum that did the DDoS attack. Blizzard is working as fast as they can. If it were only a matter of flipping a switch it would have been done already. They have millions of customers. Blizzard isn’t targeting some for funzies.

Why? You are entitled to your opinion just as much as I am.

If I could wave a magic wand and solve the issue I would. If it’s not fixed yet it’s because the issue is complicated, not because Blizzard is “deliberately leaving players offline 5 days later”.

1 Like

Cool, I learned something.

Perhaps? Blizz isn’t very forthcoming with information. They even have “MVP” to make unpaid players look more official.

Ya…there you go again. Taking away from the context of the quote. I was saying that the player had a genuine issue (a CUSTOMER SERVICE ISSUE). The true answer to the question was “The answer to that is no. Blizzard will never give someone loot that might have dropped. If the loot does not show as awarded to that player in the game logs, the GMs can’t give it to them.”
Not punting it down to Tech Support.

If a person is dedicating time to a farming group do you not think they’re putting considerable effort toward achievement. Doesn’t sound like they’re trying to restrict anything. Again the blaming Blizz part. That is something that you made up in your original reply.

Abusing sharding/server mechanics shouldn’t be the go to answer…

No one cares about the DDOS attack in the thread…they care about what comes after. Everyone all the way down excluding the attacker is a victim. In the end it will be a case of victims compensating victims. I’m sorry you can’t see that.

Cool, you’re really on top of your forum game. That’s commendable.

Suggesting that OP abuse server mechanics should be a last resort. OP also didn’t blame Blizz, that’s some crap you’ve fabricated. OP asked if Blizz can do anything…again because they own/operate the game/servers. That was graciously explained by Marisol that “No.” which is fine.

Wow, you’re a tough keyboard warrior aren’t ya? :joy: If you didn’t come across so hostile I wouldn’t be wasting my time talking to you.

No they’re just not putting much effort because the if they lose a few thousand customers its acceptable and anticipated losses.

I was only here because as is often the case the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Blizz won’t do anything if no one is complaining like crazy. Came here to moan a bit and I’m back online in hours…Even if only coincidence, it worked.

Go read the forums. There were known workarounds. The people left out were left out because of their network configuration. I refused to make changes for the want of a game leaving me in the same boat as the rest of the folks.

How is it abuse. The OP is in a group, camping the mounts. That means they are using the sharding/server mechanics. What’s the difference?

I can see that, but players aren’t the victim. Their access to the game is collateral damage. The low-lifes who did the DDoS attacked Blizzard, not the players. The players had no issue going online, just accessing the game. I had a power outage over the weekend because of Hurricane Dorian. It lasted longer than the DDoS attack. I wasn’t able to log into the game during it. I’m not about to demand that Blizzard compensate me because of it.

Blizzard compensates for things that are in their control. The DDoS attack was outside their control. The connection issues that have been happening since then are a result of that attack. It’s not Blizzard targeting players just because.

They are farming the mounts as a group. That is using server mechanics.

From the looks of it the OP is blaming Blizzard. They didn’t ask if Blizzard could do anything. They demanded that Blizzard fix it.

I’m not required to post to suit you.

There’s no emotion shown in plain text. If you are reading hostility into it, it’s on you.

You aren’t Blizzard. This comment says more about you than Blizzard. If you are so smart, tell us all what is causing the continued connection issues. Tell us how simple the fix would be. Why did Blizzard chose those specific players to target? What’s so special about them?

Correlation does not imply causation. As the ones working on the issues aren’t perusing the forums, your so-called squeaky wheel is just spinning in the wind.

I did read the forums. I saw that some of the issues had to do with Linux. I saw some of the issues were resolved using a VPN. I saw some of the issues were not resolved using a VPN. I saw that some players have issues, but someone else in their household not have issues. It says there were multiple causes for the continued connection issues. It says that there is unlikely to be a single solution to getting everyone back in the game. That is why it is taking a while to get everyone back in the game. Not some nefarious scheme by Blizzard like you are implying.

1 Like

Hey y’all,

We are investigating issues where some players are still having problems logging in after the DDoS. Keep an eye on this thread for any additional information or updates.

1 Like