Disconnected Error 51900319

I’ve been having this disconnect issue (as it seems, so do a lot of others) for months now. At first, when I started playing on my laptop, it was just an occasional thing. Since Shadowlands, though, it’s been much more constant. Every time I play for any length of time, I get disconnected at least 2 or 3 times. Pings to multiple locations never drop a single ping, Discord doesn’t cut out, nothing else except WoW seems affected. I’ll often see the Blizzard App become disconnected as well, and then reconnect…at which point I can restart WoW and be back in. I get this on two different computers, and Wireless vs. a Wired connection doesn’t seem to matter either. I went ahead and ran WinMRT during one of these disconnects (connected via the Wireless at the time) but the average ping times look fine and there isn’t any packet loss. I would paste it here, but if I try, the forum won’t let me submit as it apparently thinks there’s a link in the text…shrug.

When posting the winmtr, highlight the whole thing and hit the </> button at the top of the reply box. You can also use pastebin and just give us the letters at the end of the link.

1 Like

Ah ok. Here ya go:

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |
|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
|               my.home.firewall.appliance -    0 |  983 |  983 |    0 |    3 |  338 |    1 |
|                   No response from host -  100 |  199 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |
|dtr02klmzmi-tge-0-2-0-0.klmz.mi.charter.com -    0 |  983 |  983 |    6 |   12 |  431 |   11 |
|  crr01aldlmi-bue-20.aldl.mi.charter.com -    0 |  983 |  983 |   11 |   15 |  418 |   13 |
|   bbr01aldlmi-bue-1.aldl.mi.charter.com -    0 |  982 |  982 |   11 |   15 |  418 |   12 |
| bbr01chcgil-bue-805.chcg.il.charter.com -    0 |  983 |  983 |   15 |   23 |  444 |   23 |
|   prr02chcgil-bue-3.chcg.il.charter.com -    0 |  982 |  982 |   15 |   21 |  345 |   16 |
|        096-034-152-043.biz.spectrum.com -    0 |  983 |  983 |   15 |   23 |  446 |   59 |
|                   No response from host -  100 |  199 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |
|         et-0-0-1-pe01-eqch2.as57976.net -    0 |  983 |  983 |   13 |   21 |  437 |   16 |
|                           24.105.62.129 -    0 |  983 |  983 |   12 |   20 |  377 |   18 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
   WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |
|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
|               my.home.firewall.appliance -    0 |  983 |  983 |    0 |    3 |  338 |    1 |
|dtr02klmzmi-tge-0-2-0-0.klmz.mi.charter.com -    0 |  983 |  983 |    6 |   12 |  431 |   11 |
|  crr01aldlmi-bue-20.aldl.mi.charter.com -    0 |  983 |  983 |   11 |   15 |  418 |   13 |
|   bbr01aldlmi-bue-1.aldl.mi.charter.com -    0 |  982 |  982 |   11 |   15 |  418 |   12 |
| bbr01chcgil-bue-805.chcg.il.charter.com -    0 |  983 |  983 |   15 |   23 |  444 |   23 |
|   prr02chcgil-bue-3.chcg.il.charter.com -    0 |  982 |  982 |   15 |   21 |  345 |   16 |
|        096-034-152-043.biz.spectrum.com -    0 |  983 |  983 |   15 |   23 |  446 |   59 |
|         et-0-0-1-pe01-eqch2.as57976.net -    0 |  983 |  983 |   13 |   21 |  437 |   16 |
|                           24.105.62.129 -    0 |  983 |  983 |   12 |   20 |  377 |   18 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
   WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

I think I’ve been experiencing a similar problem since the new year of game running fine and then blam DC 51900319, and all but maybe once or twice out of all the frequent times recently I’ve been able to immediately restart or enter password and relog.

Personally I’m starting to think this might be a Blizzard end problem with the Central since other than that cluster around Texas who have it the worst most of us seem to be all over the place from the state addresses we route through. Guildies in California don’t appear to be having this issue.

Yeah exactly. Normally runs absolutely fine then, out of no where, everything stops responding I see other players running in place, if I was casting the casting animation doesn’t stop, etc…and then “Disconnected 5900319”. It happens maybe once an hour and usually it’s just irritating, but I have D/C’d in the middle of a fight…as the healer…and that is not good. I’ve seen a few people say that running through a VPN has helped. As I happen to already have a VPN service account, I’m going to try that and report back.

Edit: I’m also wondering if the “Optimize for Speed” setting in the WoW network settings might be something to look at. The description seems to indicate that turning it off could help with connection issues.

We want to see low latency on this first hop, expecting to see nothing over 10, and 1 is even possible. You have latency spikes of 338 ms. Those spikes persist on BOTH tests.

Something isn’t quite right on your router.

Hmmm. See, now, I had been looking primarily at the average latency, which is really low. However, if there was a latency spike, maybe WoW is more sensitive to that than other applications? I don’t have a traditional router. I have a VMware host and my “router” is actually a virtual machine running pfsense. I did a WinMTR with a gigabit wired connection and actually see the same thing. Really low average latency, but with a really high (600) “worst” latency which points to some sort of latency spike along the line. Some testing of the internal network may be in order. Thank you for pointing that out.

With that in mind, there was some discussion of higher end and more complex network gear and an issue in this thread -
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/screen-freeze-kinda/748101/24

This literally has been happening to me since SL launch, but much more frequently starting last night. I have normal ping but Wow just lags out. When this is happening, discord doesn’t drop nor does anything else. After this happens, I’m able to log back in quickly but as we all know you cannot do that in a dungeon or raid encounter. Last night I was doing a key with my friends and I dc’d about 7 times. The next key we did I dc’d on the last boss of Plaguefall while I was still connect to disc. I ruined the key because of my disconnect. This has happened today too and now EVERYONE on tich experienced lag and dc shortly afterwards. I am on a new gaming rig and everything is fine on my end. Blizz needs to fix this asap.

This is a issue with Blizzard for sure, this has existed since WoD and Blizzard often thinks its more of a issue between us and the ISP but I really, REALLY doubt it because the response time before you’re abruptly disconnected is there and apparent and responsive, the disconnects are almost like someone at their computer pressing the button or some automation thinks its a funny joke to do it right then and there because it will inconvenience you.

I get it here and there, often once a day but now its happening about every 4-5 hours on average, often when during flights which may point towards what causes the issue but it doesn’t change the fact I’m not budging to believe its on my end when every other game I’ve played over the years, even ESO, another MMO, never has this issue in particular.

Of course the issue is so varied that it can be entirely different for someone else but for me, its clearly not me having this error thrown up because my connection got cut off somewhere.

So I thought I’d circle back and post an update in case anyone is searching and comes across this. I started doing some digging in regards to my firewall server and led me to a discussion of “buffer bloat”. Doing a speed test at dslreports dot com showed that I was indeed experiencing substantial buffer bloat so I added some configuration to my pfSense firewall to apply FQ_Codel queueing to my external internet traffic. Since I made that change my disconnections have ceased. I had one incident, but at the time I was in Maldraxxus and getting massive lag that every other player in the zone was complaining about so I think that one was unrelated.

1 Like