Disconnected during horrific vision

I disconnected during a horrific vision after doing two side areas.

I got the corrupted mementos but not Fear and Flesh pages. Opened a ticket and apparently there is nothing they can do? They’ve stated they can’t refund Vessel of Horrific Visions, fine I understand that. But to get no reward? Why can’t it be mailed like everything else is.

Correct. As for the rewards, nothing can be done about it here.

If they were to mail you rewards if you DC, people will cheese the system and pull their network plugs to gain easy rewards.

5 Likes

how would that cheese the system?

I did 2 of the side areas before dc’ing. I should get the rewards for the 2 side areas.

and they mailed me the corrupted momentos, just not the page of fear and flesh

1 Like

People will disconnect their internet connection on purpose just to get quick rewards.

4 Likes

you could just die though?

I believe you have to live through it all to get the pages. Otherwise, you’ll just get corrupted momentos.

1 Like

na you can die and still get the pages.

If I was to kill 1 boss in a dungeon/raid but then dc and not complete it I would get the loot from that boss in the mail.

the pages are loot from the boxes at the end since you did not open the boxes you did not generate the loot they contained.

5 Likes

Unfortunately things like this cannot be corrected by GMs or anyone else, and I’ll try to explain why

People have tried to manipulate DCs in the past to earn rewards for various events, or to evade lockouts, while most people don’t do this sort of thing, GMs cannot tell on their end if a user just had an interruption of service, or intentionally disconnected themselves

Imagine you could DC and just get the most important rewards from a Vision without completing the instance, it would be abused to heck and back

Unfortunately, they’re not liable for outages or Acts of God: It’s unfortunate but since you couldn’t access the chest at the end, the pages are forfeit, the boss example doesn’t really work since yeah, you’ll get the loot from the boss as they give items on death, you don’t have to clear the whole thing to get the rewards: You just won’t get any other boss drops since you’re not there

Also I’m pretty certain you don’t get the pages on death, you do get a chest but it’s full of lesser rewards

6 Likes

You don’t have to complete the instance to get the pages as a reward. I’ve completed the side zones and failed to kill the boss. I still got the pages as a reward.

Failing the instance is still completing the instance.

The currency is delivered by the Postmaster system but the quest items don’t work that way. This is currently how the system has been designed and Customer Support generally isn’t able to circumvent design.

If you’d like to provide feedback or suggestions to change the way these systems work - the best way to do that would be to post in the Dungeons, Raids, and Scenarios forum with your thoughts.

Alternatively, you can submit suggestions and feedback direction in-game using the feedback form there under the support menu.

3 Likes

But there’s nothing to be gained from the intentional disconnects. Either you completed the zone or you didn’t. Disconnecting after completing a zone, whether accidental or intentional doesn’t change the fact that the zone was completed. Protecting against intentional disconnects doesn’t make any sense in this case. It’s unfortunate that they chose to design it this way, and I hope that the OP submits a suggestion for them to change it. I’ll do the same tonight through the in-game suggestion tool.

1 Like

I will state again that the loot you get is in the boxes at the end of the run. If you do not open the boxes you do not generate any loot for them to give you. I don’t see them changing this, as that would open up to many ways to game the system.

5 Likes

How would one be able to game the system in the case of Horrific Visions?

1 Like

really the chest at the end drop gear and you don’t see how they could abuse that?

Not in this particular situation. If you could give an example, it would help me understand a little more why the system has to be the way it is and why the collateral damage of some players losing their hard earned vessels due to a disconnect is a necessary evil.

Can we not do this? Lordy…enough with the quibbling.

5 Likes

Because scammers and gold-sellers would abuse it. They would make tickets to get loot because they disconnected. The servers can’t determine if you were disconnected because of your internet going down, an ISP or internet backbone going down, or someone unplugging their computer or modem so there’s nothing in the logs about why they disconnected, just that they did.

If there is no log of the loot there is nothing the system or a GM could generate. Loot is not generated until you open the chest.

5 Likes

Right… so if instead the loot were generated upon completing the zone rather than upon opening the chest, the problem would be fixed. Having the loot in a chest at the end seems to be the problem, not the solution.