Disconnect during dungeon boss encounters

Twice in the last week my game client partially freezes during a boss encounter in Mythic Plus. Everything around me and particle effects stop changing positions, but idle animations continue. My character is still able to move around, open menus, and will perform combat animations when skills are used. Sound is stuck in a continuous loop. The game client won’t time itself out and exit. I must do stop the process myself with Alt-F4 or Task Manager. When I log back into the game the loading screen for that dungeon will get stuck at about 75-90% of the loading bar for 2+ minutes. Then I come back into the game as a ghost in the cemetery closest to my wherever my hearthstone is bound. I can revive myself at my hearthstone spot. I confirmed that it is not a problem with my internet connection.

I would suggest opening a ticket. The start of your explanation could be common causes (most likely overheating or crashing drivers), but not the latter half. Have a GM find out what’s happening to the character when the disconnect happens.

Thanks. Looks like I spoke too soon about connection issues. While my internet connection was still up, looks like my Ubiquiti router flagged an event as possible malware and caused the disconnect from the instance server. For folks with similar issues see these links
https://community.ui.com/questions/World-of-Warcraft-provokes-a-Threat-Management-Alert-1-A-Network-Trojan-was-Detected-Signature-ET-T/f2dd658b-6c98-4772-b374-85a006b46f69

I don’t have a solution yet, but will be working on it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.