Discipline Word: Pain

It seems clearer to me as the week hotfixes go that we won’t get a decent Disc rework until past 10.0.5. Although they did a fantastic job with most class and specs and I’m seeing the tip of the iceberg about the difficulty of tuning specs, the 3% healing increase to holy as disc is licking the bottom of the barrel in every measurable aspect makes me question the commitment of the class tuning team towards adjusting this specific spec. Since they ARE monitoring the performance of specs and they ARE choosing to leave it as it is right now.

It is painful to see every other healers have a bloodlust/Brez or a % bonus damage given to the group while we’re left with Power infusion as our only form of utility (why was the brez given to pally who already have a immunity AND a Power infusion like spell in the form of blessing of summer)

It is painful to be lacking some form of positive loop while struggling like crazy to heal while dealing damage. Why not have Power Word Shield, Smite or penance reduce the CD of radiance by X sec or at minimum to make it so you can always have atonement out on your group during long periods of damage. Right now, even by not overlapping it, you end up with times that you have no Radiance charges left, no atonement out on your groups and damage is still going out while you have to stop doing damage yourself to spend 5 global on that buff just so your spec starts to work.

It is painful to see that the holy spec will be able to shoot 4 holy fire that cleaves like starfall plus leaving a long dot on while we’re only saving 1 global on penance’s purge spread: we have no reliable AoE damage while ALL other healers do so. Considering acid rain, concecration, starfall/convoke, evoker breaths and fistweaving, why can’t we get Mind seer even with a reduced atonement healing? Is it possible to have penance spread purge/sw:p to all targets nearby?

It is painful to see that although some changes in 10.0.5 seems help in the healing throughput, like converting penance to shadow on convenant and having stolen psyche becoming abyssal reverie, most of them don’t seem to go in the direction that most of us would want them to.

Still, there is hope. Since all shadows that looms over the underperforming specs can be cast away by the strong light of a loving playerbase. May we eventually weave between these two in harmony with the meters we cherish.

2 Likes

Disc is broke. Blizzard either doesn’t know how or doesn’t want to fix it. It has been broken since MoP dropped.

WOTLK, not MoP.

Meanwhile, im just sitting here like.

“Hee hee, HD Penance go ratatatatatata”

2 Likes

I am actually really excited for .5 and hoping to switch back to disc for pushing keys when it drops! Hoping that it plays out in reality as well as it plays out in my head! I love the 2/4set for disc, not a super fan of holy’s at all.