Disc priest

what tier would you guys consider disc priest some people say its great rn and some believe its bad seems pretty divided and i don’t think the awc had much disc i seem to have little success with disc/rogue in 2v2 compared to hpal or anything else maybe im just playing it wrong though it seems to be a much more quick games since priest struggles beating a damp mw or something but doing deeps

It’s only good from 2 comps and it gets outclassed or equalled in those as well, being strong in one comp is not in a good place it’s miserable actually, while I love the playstyle it needs to fit into some more comps decently jungle and rmp can both sub you out for a pal pretty easy, it’s extremely gear and stat dependent and always get nerfed based entirely on one comp(or pve…one is guaranteed). Cupid is trash without a ranged hunter and will be my last expansion playing a healer that gets pigeon holed and tuned based on the power of rogue and mage.

Can play feral affinity rdru or rsham with the same agressive play and similar tools, disc did to much dmg it’s niche so now we have to gutter their dmg so it’s in line with other healers but not mana efficiency or throughput and btw let’s give monk 45sec cd stronger than all of discs cds combined

What other healer can play only 2 comps viably a whole expansion?

1 Like

disc is “fine”. they’re quite strong in certain comps that allow their strengths to shine, but they’re outclassed by MW and Hpala in basically everything else. Even one of the comps they’re the best in, hpala is better all around. they’re quite good in 2s with the right classes that can cover their weaknesses.

“I’ll take punctuation for 500, Alex!”

lol yea i don’t rly form sentences or anything when i type on this forum but i believe it does get the point across:)

Lol it’s a tough read but yea

Great for ladder, weak on TR

2 Likes

Your mother was taking something else last night, trebek.

5 Likes

She probably was!

Another dope reference

Kind of depends, I guess.

Are we ranking based on tournament play? Ladder?

Are we ranking based on how it does in specific comps? In general?

Solely 3s? 2s as well?

In 2s I think HPal is probably top tier, with disc just below that. Disc seems really strong in 2s and there’s quite a few comps you can run well. Just need to play around having a priest more than some of the other comps because if you’re not getting proper value out of what priest can do offensively they’re just worse than the other healers.

3s Hpal and MW have to be top tier, then I think disc/rsham are probably similar below that. Rdruid maybe the tier below that, but that those 3 healers all have top tier comps they can play so it’s kind of hard to rank them? Like shaman needs partners that are able to self sustain a bit because their output relatively low and disc needs comps that can rotate between their setup goes and defensive gameplay so they can use their mend&preservation stacks, dark, and atonement healing or else they fall behind on output or mana but both classes are really strong in situations where they’re able to take advantage of that. Druid obviously needs partners that can prevent them from getting deleted in stuns and affords them the opportunities to drink.

Also I feel like priest healing is a little bit more difficult to do well on so it can be easier to plug in a pally. Like the priest comps feel like they have more potential power, but it requires more effort to get there.

1 Like

If a priest and his team play near perfect it can beat almost any other healer team that doesnt play near perfect. That doesnt mean its “fine”, that means its undertuned and needs to severely outplay to win.

1 Like

Rmpala has proved disc does not need to be based solely on rm strength, we need a recovery cd besides damage mitigation cds to fit decently into other comps. It’s lack of mobility forces it into comps that have setup and run times proactive cd usage for goes and crap outside it. Like I said I love the playstyle and was mistaken early season on its strength but with Cupid dead discs are really struggling to fit into comps as the most desirable healer based on the tools they bring. vital is hard carrying disc with voodoo totem but now that all other healers use these too were struggling to bring the most valuable tools in the current Meta in our 2 comps viable

Disc has been, compared to every other healer this expansion, pretty freakin’ mediocre. A friend of mine has basically given up on priest because of just how god awful they were at the beginning of BFA. I mean, about two months into Season 1 he was doing leaps and bounds better playing a fresh 120 MW than the priest he’d been playing and gearing since the beginning of BFA.

Its below average. Its like a holy paladin if a holy paladin was a lot worse , actually had to use mana, and didn’t have an immunity. Not very good healing, has to use a GCD to empower an ability that then shields for 50% of a life cocoon, whereas MW can just well… life cocoon. Damage disc can do is ok, but if they’re trained they can’t do most of it, and most of the dps is from claw/corruptions (i.e. damage every other healer gets too).

Tier list as follows:

3’s
Mistweaver > Hpal = Druid > Shaman > Disc > Holy

2’s
Hpal > Shaman = Druid > Disc > Mistweaver (dmg sucks) > Holy ( lower because its only good with destro)

If 2’s with a destro lock…
Holy = Hpal > Druid > Shaman > Disc > Mistweaver

Rating shaman over disc because if the sham has 3 pack spirits and igneous, they do just as much damage and get an interrupt.

TLDR; You’re better than a holy priest, kind of, but not by that much. Better off just finding yourself a destro lock and do 2’s as holy for free rating.

1 Like

This tier list is so far off

Rating MW as above holy only in 2s is funny

Druids aren’t as good as you’re rating them, priests aren’t as bad as you’re rating them

Statistically speaking this is the true tier list. I’ve watched nearly a dozen of highly rated healers also rank all of the healers in the exact same of similar way.

MW is rated above holy is all categories so not sure where the confusion is. Unless you’re trying to tell me its ever better than MW in 3’s, which is false in every way.

Druids are still pretty good. Their mastery nerf hurt but they are still up there with the best. They can do dps class worthy damage with feral affinity and can heal through any burst with overgrowth and bear. A good druid will do just as much if not more damage than a disc priest in any arena, and have twice as mana in the tank doing it.

1 Like

You realize you can just pull up arenamate and look at spec statistics for the ladder above 2200. The only standout is Hpal because their damage and mana efficiency is nuts for 2s (12% rep). All the other healers (~7%) except shaman (3%) are closely represented.

do you feel like 2v2 druid isn’t as good as disc? I feel like I have a better time usually playing with a druid but then again I might be playing with like 10% vers disc priests that just flop lol

Yup that’s where you need to stop reading

Btw I get it you play priest but at least try to cover up your bias