Disc Priest RBG Atonement NERFED

CLASSES

• Atonement healing is now increased by 50% when not in a raid.

PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER

Discipline

• Atonement is now 36% more effective in PvP combat (was 89%).

Blizz oversighted RBG disc Priest’s in this change. RBGs are a Raid combat… So, there’s an overall 53% nerf this season in RBG Atonement heals. In Arena’s the 50% buff is in play, but in RBGs, its not… (since its a raid combat).

Anyone else notice this? Maybe an oversight on Blizz, in attempt to help the M+ disc Priest throughput ?

6 Likes

Also, just tested this , both in a Duel, and in a Random Battleground.

Duel: Mind blast dmg- 21k
Atonement healing- 24k
Atonement= 114% dmg done

Random BG: Mind Blast dmg- 24k
Atonement healing- 16k
Atonement= 66% dmg done

114% - 66% = 48% nerf in BGs (and RBGs) to atonement, compared to non-raid pvp combat.

5 Likes

I think you’re reading this wrong. PvP combat is PvP combat, regardless of whether you’re in an arena or battleground.

1 Like

You’re reading my post wrong. The Nerf applies to all PvP, yes… but the 50% overall atonement buff only applies to Non-Raid. So RBGs don’t have that buff to offset the nerf.
Hopefully that clears it up for you.

6 Likes

Battlegrounds are not “raid” combat, my friend. PvP is PvP.

2 Likes

In a BG or RBG, you’re in a raid group.

" * Atonement healing is now increased by 50% when not in a raid. " Applies. And I also tested it and the 50% buff is not applied.

But you can believe what you want I guess.

9 Likes

:rofl:

Okay. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think that BG/RBGs are just considered Instance Group which might be considered differently than a Raid or Party.

2 Likes

I would be inclined to consider that, but I literally tested it.

2 Likes

Best posted in the priest disc and the priest forums if you want the priest dev to have a chance of seeing this

2 Likes

Tell me you don’t know how the game works without telling me you don’t know how the game works.

Changes like these that say “when in a raid” doesn’t mean a raid instance, it means in a raid group. Battlegrounds are more than 5 players, it’s not a party, it’s a raid group. :man_facepalming:

In arenas, you’re also considered to be in a raid group.

I found that out when I was trying to make a macro that worked one way in arenas and another way in bgs.

1 Like

Bump. Hope a dev pops in and can check on this.

Go into an Arena or Battleground and type /p Test. It will type test in your Party Chat. Type /r Test and it will switch to Instance Chat. Now the curve ball. /rw will work in Instance Chat.

I think the change was intended for PvE Raids but that doesn’t mean that their isn’t a bug in the code. Also when has a patch note ever been worded incorrectly?

Good point! We can discuss the verbiage of this all day.

But the point is, BG and RBG atonement healing is down 50%, and I don’t know if that was intentional.

1 Like

Well the distinction from party to raid/instance is there because you can queue as a party for a battleground. You talk in party chat to talk to your original party members that you grouped up with.

Similarly, back then, typing in party chat in a raid group worked because you’d only be talking to your specific group members in the raid, i.e party chat in Group 1 of the raid would only appear to Group 1 members.

The change, “Atonement healing is now increased by 50% when not in a raid.” is intended to scale Atonement accordingly. They want Atonement to be stronger in 5 man content and below, but they don’t want it to be too strong in content above 5 man, i.e raid groups.

I want to say this nerf is working as intended technically, but in BGs damage taken is much more rapid than raid instance damage. All they need to do is twink Atonement healing in PvP combat to be higher to offset this a bit.

1 Like

Atonement healing feels great in 2v2, and 3v3.

The problem is in BGs RBGs. So simply adjusting PVP atonement would make it OP in arenas… which disc feels very strong in already right now.

I don’t know what the solution would be, but that wouldn’t be it.

Chances are they overlook this… because power word shield is really strong in BGs, so they won’t see a drop off in overall healing.

However, it’s not fun for disc priests in BGs and RBGs to be forced away from atonement healing to be effective

bump this thread

Trinity needs to include renew application of atonement or replace PWS with Renew application.