Disc priest is most powerful healing class acording to Icy-veins.com

I am looking to play a unique healer and I have been reading forums here and it sounds like Disc is impossible to play and broken. So I good to Icy veins healer rankings and to my shock Disc is #1. I figured it would be dead last based on what I read here. This is what is says

Discipline Priests are currently one of the most valuable healers going in to Sepulcher for a variety of reasons. Discipline brings the second best DPS contribution out of any healer without sacrificing healing done, which can be a huge asset during early progression when damage will be tight. Discipline offers incredibly strong EHP

Yes prob shouldnt listen to people that dont have any facts to back them up. If it were impossible to play, then no one would play it. It is merely more challenging then other healers, nothing more.

Im not sure about second best dps…I will leave this link here which has disc first in raid settings.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/29#class=Healers&dataset=75

They do, Their burst healing is second to none. That is a discs priest job. Burst

The new healer in DF sounds pretty, has a decent raid cd but ive heard its spells have 25 yards so they may affect them in raid settings… Getting in before everyone says they are op and disc sucks yada yada

2 Likes

Well if you’re basing the whole class around one raid, then you’re already shutting the door on the arguments against its current form. Just talk to Daketh and Capslockfury - I’m sure they’re the yes-men you’re looking for.

making my point again…

CN disc was so op and disc has been so oppressive the 2 disc 2 hpally meta was established

Most complains in here are mainly adressed toward m+.

Disc has been a good pick for raid this whole expansion

1 Like

Disc isn’t the least performing healer. But wow, it is the most unsatisfying healer to play, especially compared to how awesome it used to feel back in the Cata/Pandaria era.

3 Likes

That’s a matter of opinion.

I’d say a well timed ramp is super satisfying. Healing between ramps, unsatisfying for sure.

Less sure of that this tier. A nice 8-9 atonement mini ramp, mind games, penance followed by word of recall trinket and another penance does feel quite fun. I def think venthyr in raids atm is the most fun over kyrian

1 Like

Or for PvP.

1 Like

Disc is currently C or D tier for M+. For raids it has a very unique healing style that requires you to know the boss damage patterns big time. It is also tricky to pull off early on, and if you have an impatient (to put it kindly) raid leader who is ignorant of healers and the finer points about disc, you can have problems–especially if you are human–that is, if you learn at an average rate (but of course everyone learns faster than the next guy–yeah, right). For one, your ramps can put you in a vulnerable spot at times where you can blow it easily if you have to move for a mechanic–that is if you have to move and kill your ramp to survive because of RNG or some clown raining on your party. Hence, you not only need to know the boss damage patterns–you need to figure out on the fly where you are going to position yourself and get into that position so that you are safe.

If you have to put up with “experts” and impatient raid leads that will berate you and you are sensitive or “human” good luck with that. But they will think and imply you suck if you fail as a disc priest by dying a lot. It is no help either if you are good at staying alive no problem but not timing your ramps well. But in the end, the problem is not that simple because the stats show clearly that of all healers, disc does indeed die the most. And remember that in Wow you are responsible for staying alive.

So what does that mean? If you are going to heal in raids as a disc priest, prepare to have a much harder time than other healers until you have it all down perfectly–when boredom sets in because you then just have a very methodical set of steps to do raid in raid out. And if your raid lead is a jerk, then avoid disc like the plague.

Just my two cents. But if you are up to the challenge, then go for it. Disc is the best healer to get undergeared groups through hard bosses.

This sometimes. When we are wiping 25 times in a night on a prog boss and by about the 5th pull its mere rotation and i half switch off on what im doing haha

That’s based on popularity on very high keys… Disc is b-tier at worst. It’s not the meta by any means but isn’t bad either…

My god, you always sound like you’ve had fun times as disc…

1 Like

Yeah, I know. But I just hated getting to about the 20 key range in previous patches and finding you couldnt buy an invite. As for raiding, the only time I’ve ever enjoyed raiding consistently was when I was the raid lead myself playing a warlock–or healing on a holy priest or mistweaver with their typically high HPS numbers that show on meters clearly (vs disc that is not well understood). Warlocks are easy enough and with that ability to summon, you are not easily replaced–and are essential to the raid group–and the high HPS numbers from Holy Priests and Mistweavers usually get you ooos and awes. But getting whispers to remove this guy or remove that guy when raid leading for whatever reason was nothing I ever liked and often prompted me to simply leave myself. Forgive the tangent, but we all have our reasons for why we think or feel this way or that. Hence, disc has its problems–maybe not in how it plays or your satisfaction once you get it down–but in that I hate that a fair share of raid leaders are ignorant about disc and that in M+, fact or fiction, they are not bad but not meta–which makes them less desired vs meta.

Well, I’m not saying those things don’t happen.
But you always seems to have had the worst times as disc…

Disc and holy have had a similar hps this whole expansion though. It’s simply easier to pull off that hps as holy. Completely different playstyles of course. Depends on preference. I prefer disc but it does require more commitement. I don’t raid every tier and mainly did as holy to help out my friends here and there this tier. Prety straight forward and easy.

When I want to raid seriously though, I prefer disc 100%

I healed hundreds upon hundreds of keys as disc. It was fun. But I got frustrated at the 20 level waiting endlessly for invites to pugs. My guilds typically had only limited participation in M+ and quite frankly had morons and idiots for raid and guild leads. I am content now healing dungeons as holy and getting easy invites to 20s-22s currently on my main.

1 Like

Maybe I’ll go up to 20 next tier, and see why it’s so bad.
I do feel that disc is the best it’s been this whole expansion for keys though. But community perception is what it is I guess.

1 Like

After playing all the healers now (barring my pally still being real low gear lol), Disc is B tier at worst in M+ once you’ve got your build established.

It’s only C tier if you don’t have renown 60/double leggo yet. Soon as you do, it’s definitely just below Holy/Resto. And that’s mostly a problem of holy just doing more damage. Especially in Pugs. It has cooldowns up for every pack and mana is 0 concern this season - because a huge portion of your healing will be Boon windows, and you can have constant fiends/benders with urh buff.

I do not disagree with the raid things though for casual players - it’s a high execution spec in raid and you have to get over that hump. ESPECIALLY if you’re playing kyrian.

1 Like

Community perception is definitely a problem. On the other side of it though–now playing Holy–it is awfully nice getting fast invites. Going forward I plan to main on whatever healer is meta vs sticking it out and fighting against the current on other healers. If you arent as mastery driven a person as I am then it’s probably not an issue for you and never will be.

You do you :wink:
I don’t really feel like I’m fighting against the current. Healer balance is in a fine spot imo. It’s nothing like our dps friends out there.

I am tempted to start doing some runs as disc now. I have been getting invites to 20s-22s pretty easy but am finding a lot of dps suck at essential things–like getting explosive orbs when I have to heal, getting kicks, avoiding stupidity and such. Hence, I may give it a go again with a solid score on my main now and quite a few runs over 20 under my belt–which should make for easy invites as disc.

Here’s where I am currently on my main, and I am not far behind on two other holy priests: