Disc: Best Horde (and Alliance) Race for M+

Is goblin better than troll for disc priest? You get a standard haste boost for goblin, but a button to press for a haste boost with troll. I’m not sure if there is anything else pertinent to this.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Also, on Alliance, do you think Human is better than Mechagnome? Human gets a stat boost for gear, but Mechagnomes get kind of, but not exactly a cheat death.

Again, your thoughts would be appreciated.

Oh, and this pertains to hard keys–not average or easy.

m+ you can play anything really. Even Kultiran priests have something to do in m+, punch mobs to blob them together.

But the best is Night elf.

Goblin > Troll for me.
The jump ability can be really good in some situations.

For Alliance Nelf is best one because of shadowmeld

So you can drop combat and drink?

idk if they changed it but you can dodge some mechanics from bosses or adds when they fix on you.
For example you can stop 2nd boss of SD from targeting you so you get 0 dmg.
For NW I think you can make Stitchflesh stop going for you.
I’m pretty sure there are more uses.

Night Elf is the best for M+ because Shadow Meld is so useful. You can use it to drop out of combat to eat/res people during trash. You can also use it as wipe protection and to drop boss/lieutenant mechanics focused on you. It’s also why a lot of MDI teams run full night elf to do dungeon skips.

1 Like

Yeah the drop out and re is why i got it way back when because my key team did not have a brez. But meld is so useful in keys, even out in the world plus on a raid wipe ive managed to meld and live

Yeah, makes sense. If you meld before a wipe and survive to mass rez, it probably saves time–potentially a lot.

Best races for Disc Priest in Mythic Plus (Horde)

Goblin - You will see a lot of diehard Priest players roll Goblin solely for their Rocket Jump racial. Despite ‘Angelic Feather’ and ‘Body and Soul’, Priests are still really immobile and Rocket Jump can really make or break an encounter depending on the situation. The +1% haste bonus is a racial as well, considering how powerful the Haste stat is for disc.

Blood Elf - Blood Elf is a great choice for any class in Mythic+. There are a handful of dungeons in this expansion where uncapped AoE dispels are extremely valuable. Also, the +3% mana is nothing to scoff at. That’s a free mind blast right there. The +1% crit is also pretty great considering how important crit is to our damage output, and more damage is always a good thing in Mythic+.

Troll - Berserking is a godsend. This is a very good racial that scales well when paired with other cooldowns and stat buffs. Popping that along with your Shadow Fiend will result in significantly more damage, and as a result, more healing for your team as well. And although often overlooked, their racial “Da Voodoo Shuffle” is really great for a wheelchair class like ours. It reduces the duration of movement impairing effects by 20%. That’s for both roots and slows.

Tauren - War Stomp. War Stomp. War Stomp. What more do you need? Also: Holy Cow.

Best races for Disc Priest in Mythic Plus (Alliance)

Night Elf - You see a lot of Night Elf teams in Mythic+ tournaments, and it’s for good reason. The amount of utility that Shadowmeld gives any class is almost unfair. Skipping trash, dodging spells, or sitting to drink while your team gets their heads bashed in- Shadowmeld can do it all. Also, an honorable mention to their racial “Touch of Elune” that increases your crit or haste depending on the time of day. Both great stats for Disc Priests in Mythic+.

Worgen - Similarly to their Goblin counterparts on the Horde side, Worgen are a good choice for Priests in general because of their movespeed racial. Although not as versatile as a Goblin jump, the amount of uptime you have on this racial will help you close in on long distances. Not to mention, when paired with Angelic Feather, you can keep your +40% movespeed up fconsistantly for a very, very long time. Also +1% crit stat, so, score.

Human - In terms of raw stat scaling, Humans win out by a significant margin. Thanks to their racial, they are able to gain +2% more secondary stat off of every piece of gear you have equipped. As the expansion goes on and you’re able to equip more and more stats, this racial just keeps on scaling. Right now, as of 9.1, at 245 item level my disc priest is sitting on 900 haste, 500 crit, 400 mastery and 400 versatility. If I were a Human, I would have an additional +18 Haste, +10 Crit, +8 Mastery and +8 Versatility. That’s the equivalent of nearly 3 gem slots. Big gains.

Draenei - There are times as a disc priest when our cooldowns have expired and we need more spot healing than our Shadow Mend spam can provide. Introducing: Gift of the Naaru. 20% of your health in healing over 5 seconds to your lucky target of choice. Now admittedly, the 3 minute cooldown on that gift is pretty hefty, but the Draenei make up for it with fantastic dance animations for both male and female.

In conclusion, play Pandaren Disc priest…

5 Likes