Disc alpha experience

We see very little feedback from disc players with alpha access, so I wanted to raise the profile of this video in particular by linking it here and providing some bullet points. The video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QtcH4EKFRg

Here are some things that stuck out to me:

1. Purge the Wicked doesn’t replace Shadow Word: Pain…so you can stack both dots on multiple targets. This in turn makes it very easy to get to 100 stacks for Harsh Discipline. You can get the Harsh Discipline proc within 10 seconds of having 6 dots, use it, and then have it again shortly afterward. Harsh Discipline lasts until you use it…you don’t have to use it in x seconds, like Power of the Dark Side.

2. Dark Reprimand is “probably 40% weaker than regular penance, which doesn’t make sense.” This is the 2nd person with alpha access to say they were very disappointed by Dark Reprimand…another alpha tester mentioned it does not benefit from Harsh Discipline. Hopefully, these things are simply a dev oversight.

3. Prayer of Mending does have a cast time…the tooltip on the talent tree is correct.

2 Likes

smells bubble disc brewing in the air

I believe I also heard that shadowfiame prism does not proc atonement. That was something I was wondering about for a while.

1 Like

I’m fairly certain this is a bug - there’s a few things across all the classes that feel weird like this though, so I mean maybe it’s not. But this in M+ will make every penance 7 bolts (because harsh discipline buff gets eaten before penance damage happens - so penance itself is 7 ticks per atonement) and that sounds insanely overpowered to me. And I mean, in raid it’s already going to make every penance 7 bolts.

Add in our own power infusion on pull because of twins and IDK our damage is gonna be really good.

Like there’s no way this gets through the entire alpha/beta without something. Maybe it’s intended - but then I think harsh discipline’s # of atonement heals to proc will be adjusted.

1 Like

My gut instinct is it wont. Would be a nice burst of heals if it was. But i think prob just some extra dps

Yeah i was looking at this then. No one commenting on disc in the thread. Seen a couple of holy priests but mostly shadow, which makes sense but still

For clarity - if Harsh Discipline goes live in its current state, Discipline essentially has a 9 second lay on hands that can be used to instead do a huge burst of damage and heal the party for almost 200% SP and that’s pre POTDS or secondary stats.

There’s no way that goes without balance tuning, so I wouldn’t get hopes up.

If it did somehow last the entire alpha, then lmao I guess we just blow up M+ and PvP for the first patch.

I like what I’m hearing. Maybe we don’t need bubble disc after all.

Meh, yet abother person who wants bubble disc just to become OP it seems…

This is Vallanesh btw :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Oh right I forgot :rofl:

2 Likes

Remember that talents are supposed to be a choice.

There is no way a talent that makes every Penance 130% stronger isn’t going to get nerfed because something that strong isn’t a choice.