Disappointed in soul of iron addition

HC community puts in dozens if not hundreds of hours, creates an add on and website, and has volunteers verifying people for achieving legitimate hardcore play throughs.

Blizzard adds a buff… no title, mount, hardcore server, or looting corpses. Just a buff.

Come on Blizz…

4 Likes

I still don’t get why you guys are playing on SoM at all. There are dozens of dead classic servers you all could make your private haven.

12 Likes

I thought you guys did it for the pure challenge and personal accomplishment, not for retail-esque status symbols and rewards.

24 Likes

Who is you guys? I don’t play hardcore, I’m just bummed by the lack of effort on Blizzards part.

1 Like

lmfao, “I don’t play this crap, whining on forums is just my hobby”

Many such cases, op.

10 Likes

Then what gives?

Interesting way to spend your time, fighting for a cause you have no stake in, I’ll say that much.

Not like you’re going to end racism by fighting for HC only servers, as a non HC player.

Hardcore was a player built experience. If you don’t get satisfaction from doing it how it is, it probably isn’t for you.

This is Retail mentality that is causing the decline of Classic.

8 Likes

This.
Blizzard has recognized other events like the Running of the Gnomes in game but hasn’t and isn’t going to take it all on and curate the experience. It’s a cute atta boy nod to players dedicated to creating fun in the game.

2 Likes

The real reward is the friends we made along the way.

10 Likes

Because they’re not fresh. No one wants to play naxx forever and they promised harder raids this time.

1 Like

wtf does that have to do with a no-death leveling challenge?

2 Likes

I mean, as much as I probably wouldn’t spend more than a handful of levels, a handful of times before I got frustrated and threw in the towel, I think you do have a pretty good point.

I think Hardcore Servers, and the ability to quit game and not die, something like Diablo II Hardcore would be cool (though I suspect that the HC WoW community would have different ideas).

1 Like

What lack of effort? These aren’t highly anticipated “hard core” servers. They thought some players would enjoy the SoI thing and it wasn’t a huge amount of work so they gave it to us. Nothing was promised, nothing was promoted. They did a nice thing and people like you want to complain about it because it wasn’t your custom built system you imagined in your head.

3 Likes

This is such a new retail, Flavor of the Month mentality. There are zones, items, buildings and NPC’s in the game that have no relevance and just there aesthetically. Everything doesn’t need some huge rare reward or participation trophy.

And on the flip side, things like true R14 grind, Winterspring Saber mount, or AQ bug mount should offer high end rewards and should not be diminished just because some players can’t commit to a grind.

I can’t get over how many people are running to Blizzard’s defense here. I admire the loyalty of some of you.

I think Blizzard did it right and the HC community is doing it wrong. Getting to 60 without dying is a honorable goal. Refusing to group and trade in a multiplayer game is stupid IMO. This whole not grouping and not trading stuff is giving Soul of Iron players a bad rep.

3 Likes

I think they have those rules because they don’t have their own server. Not sure though

1 Like

So because Blizzard does not bend to every morons demands, we are Blizzard shills for appreciating the small acknowledgement made to a player made challenge?

If you don’t like the HC challenge, don’t do it.

It’s literally never enough with you people.

1 Like

You people? What do you mean YOU PEOPLE!?

1 Like

Says the guy who belongs to a dwarf only guild – talk about racism.