Disabling XP Gains on 110+ Characters

I’ve noticed a Bug in the WoW store that allows you to give Blizzard 59.99 to repeatedly power level characters to 110 completely bypassing the leveling process all together!!!

Just thought you might want to go ahead and patch that out while you are concerned about exploits on leveling.

82 Likes

Has this negatively affected anyone? Seems like a weird thing to focus on. How much faster were they leveling? I mean I can grind quests and get a toon from 110-120 in a 7 hour play session.

Even if it was half that time and people were making gold from it, who does this harm?

There’s so much more that could be done that would be positive news, and they make Ythisens give us this downer. xD

5 Likes

Please do. I want to be able to get my monk her class mount at level. Just as I did for the other seven I was able to get while Legion was current content. I already have pathfinder part 1 officially on both horde and alliance toons. So I was not planning on abusing BFA content I just want to do Legion content at the level it was designed for.

8 Likes

You know why there would be little gain? Because it’s a silly thing to worry about.

4 Likes

Take your game and shove it
I ain’t playing it no more
Blizzard done messed up and took all the reasons
I was working for
You better not try to stand in my way
`Cause i’m walkin’ out this game
Take your game and shove it
I ain’t playing it no more

2 Likes

This is so cynical.

Happy holidays everyone.

6 Likes

My suggestion might get losted in the mix, but disable xpoff for 111+ and add a level requirement to IE of 111. That will leave the 110 twinks alone and continue the tradition of end of expansion twinks

4 Likes

You’re not the judge of what is worth Blizzard’s time or not.

I’m just going to assume they were going through dungeons at a ridiculous pace? The scaling is so broken in the game at 110-111. Your character is insanely powerful compared to what you’ll be at around 117-118.

No idea why they started reversing this, maybe with legion? I can’t remember if this was a problem back in wod. I know this was NOT an issue before wod. You were always going into an expansion really weak and once you got a few pieces of gear you started to feel more powerful. Toward the end of the leveling you actually felt more powerful than when you started. Isn’t that how it’s suppose to be? But scaling really throws all of that out the window.

4 Likes

These decision makers are an absolute clown show who have no idea what they are doing. Double downing on poor decisions and removing paying customers chosen paths for fun.

Hopefully Activi$ion boots ion out, so we can try this game again with new perspective that’s not centered around screwing the players over. You’ll never get another dime from me Blizz with this current team. Period.

Peace out!

8 Likes

Well it looks like 90% of people hate this decision. and 5% do not care. i mean all this is doing is showcasing how powerful legendaries were. some of the best time im having in the game right now is on an alt DH at 115 doing some islands not lvling anyone or exploiting or taking advantage but i love the play style. basically what im saying is im having more fun on a 115 then a max lvl toon i have 7 please revert this change. Blizzard you are driving me away from your games!!!

5 Likes

Gratz to the community to get this change stopped for now and shame on them for trying to do this - we should not have to shame you into reversing course.

Why not make a topic on these nice NEW forums and ask for our input on what might be done to fix this and then go from there.

6 Likes

Neither are you human pally boy

4 Likes

If the real problem is people at 110 making twinks and turning off XP to power level others through IE’s, couldn’t Blizz just make it so you can’t queue for IE’s with an XP off toon?

Given all the other reasons to turn off XP at 110+ (e.g., to finish Legion content at level, etc.), doesn’t precluding XP off toons from doing IE’s solve the alleged problem? But this “fix” not only solves the “problem” but also creates a whole host of others.

In a game that people are having lots of issues with, with a commensurate drop in participation, employing an unnecessarily annoying change that will inevitably end up agitating people who are not engaging in the “inappropriate” behavior but are still impacted an overly broad “solution” doesn’t seem like a very adept and worthwhile fix.

/moo :cow:

9 Likes

Stop blaming the victim.

People aren’t breaking rules. People are playing the game the way the game was designed to be played. Gear drops, the gear is useful for a level range, people stay in the level range and do what they want to do.

If the designers dont want people to fly, they turn it off. If people were flying in BfA -right now- then they would be abusing the system and cheating.

People have spent CONSIDERABLE time creating twinks, content, and fun, and this change is just stupid. I want more people in the game not less.

10 Likes

Are you implying you are?

4 Likes

I keep my skinner at 110 for a reason, that reason being that I don’t want to have to level and then raid gear my skinning alt just to gather skins at a reasonable pace.

Maybe instead of going out of your way to break workarounds for your bad game design you could actually fix the scaling to not penalize people for leveling by making the world grow exponentially stronger while the player gets weaker and weaker.

8 Likes

Quoting for truth.

10 Likes

Oh they were spamming IE’s? At least someone finally explained it, thanks.

2 Likes

Might I suggest that you first start by taking a look at reducing the nerfs to characters stats as they level up? From 110 to 120, haste especially takes too big of a cut in numbers.
Work on the stats scaling, it is the problem.

12 Likes