Disable Flying in War Mode Suggestion

This has probably been suggested before but it seems like a good and simple idea. I know quite a number of people who have the opinion that flying ruins world PvP and I personally agree. The Net-o-matic thing has never been useful in my experience. They almost always get out of range right before I finish casting or if I do manage to get it off, I still need to fly to their location afterwards which doesn’t feel good. The only issue I can really see with disabling flying in War mode is if Blizzard has zones specifically designed around flying and it would be really inconvenient to not have it.

make the net insta cast and boom flight is no longer a problem.

4 Likes

no one would use warmode ever. this would completely kill all world pvp. this is not a solution.

1 Like

I’m for it only during assaults where players can’t hide in the sky until the situation is in their favor. Supply drops will also be fair to everyone regardless of pathfinder or not.
Just for general questing, the chances a flock of opposing faction hovering exactly where you are, all day is slim.

The audacity to propose something so preposterous as cancelling of aerial speed chases into Temple of the Moon from Durotar…

But really you could remove flight on one condition. That you could actually run as fast as the flight is. So your flying mount would fly at ultrasonic speed, but without lifting off the ground. Net-o-matic would also work if you want to dismount someone and PvP. And if you want to explore the cliffs, disable warmode and enjoy the serene view from 200yd above. Everyone wins.

agree that flying is pretty much death to healthy world pvp

but I still would rather have flying at launch, rather than delayed or placed after stupid grinds that require you to finish all current content 10x over before you get it

I love WPVP, and I love flying. Go figure…

1 Like