DirectX 11 Legacy?

Patch 8.1.5 has brought a new “DirectX 11 Legacy” Graphics API setting with it, yet I see no mention of it in the patch notes. So, what are the differences between the two DX11 settings?

I too am interested in said setting

1 Like

Does this help?

2 Likes

Yes, it does help (I see that sticky is new), but now I wonder why the non-Legacy DX11 version performs poorly for me (1080 Ti), even after disabling the multi-threading (GXMTDisable 1) for testing purposes (unless DX11 ignores that CVar).

DX11L - Fine, as before
DX11  - Very choppy
DX12  - Fine, as before

I don’t have an answer, but, honestly, I’m not too worried about it with the other available, working options.

I’m used to play in a cheap laptop, and turn on DX11 L really helps to run the game more smoothly. IMO, a significant improve to players with not-so-good machines.

4 Likes

what do you mean turn it on? I cant get my game to load since this new patch :frowning:

1 Like

i have not played sence october last year and just started playing yesterday is this why my screen in game is doing that flikering grafix and choppy play? because i need [DIRECTX 11 LEGACY]? where can i get it?

att blue

1 Like

Hi Saekojima

If you haven’t played in some time the first thing to try here is a full UI reset.

The setting to toggle between DirectX 11, DirectX 11 Legacy and DirectX 12 is found on the Menu > System > Advanced pane. Left side near bottom.

2 Likes

I had 60-80 fps in most places pre patch, now I log in at setting #1 and those numbers and float down to 2 FPS and freeze, can’t even play!? No addons running, even tried uninstalling, my system was running great until this patch so I just don’t understand what is going on now?

Finally found this and now I run at about 80-100 consistent running Direct X 11L… Thanks!