Dire Maul Buff Exploit/Abuse

It is possible to acquire multiple Tribute buffs. It’s incredibly simple and easy to reproduce as well.

All you have to do is run tribute and collect the buffs which you want, +3% spell crit, +200 ap, +15% health. Then run a new tribute on a different ID and collect another set, then run another tribute on a completely new ID and collect yet another. Essentially you just need to make sure you reset the instance, easy.

It is conceivably possible to aquire 96% spell crit or 6400 AP from this method.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/611149548659671071/633738585228574726/WoWScrnShot_101519_134927.jpg

EDIT: Just so everyone is aware. This is Blizzlike. It persisted into TBC where it was finally fixed.

1 Like

Do you have proof of this?
on the

yes, i can confirm that my guild did this during Naxx to have the MT get stupid amounts of Stamina for our Loatheb fight that week

whether Blizzard considers this abuse of game mechanics or not it anyone’s guess, but this was NOT fixed until well after Vanilla

#NoChangesLol

3 Likes

So, no proof? Gotcha.

sorry i forgot to take a screenshot 14 years ago

6 Likes

the only thing i can find on wow wiki is this:

[Patch 2.1.0] (22-May-2007): The three Guards no longer buff players above level 63.
https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Dire_Maul_tribute_run

i would imagine that is also when they fixed the stacking as well

This needs to be changed regardless of what the “reference client says”. This will cause a never-before-seen amount of degenerate gameplay.

4 Likes

Please change this as soon as possible, people will exploit this to no end.

2 Likes

Could not agree more.

Please fix this, I can’t world buff for 12 hours a day.

This needs to be changed immediately. Many people including myself will stop playing if not.

I, as well as many others, will 100% quit if this stays.

Please fix this. If this stays it will completely ruin raiding and the game overall.

Wow, Bipolar in here saying they don’t like this. I figured you guys would be on your way to MC with 20 buffs tonight.

For the record I agree, but for the memes… do it. DO IT GET 32 BUFFS DO IT!

1 Like

if this isn’t fixed it will completely remove any amount of competitiveness within the game

1 Like

This is the type of thing that needs to be hotfixed immediately, regardless of whether it originally existed or not.

3 Likes

Big yikes. This should probably get fixed

fix this or be face with eternal damnation…

This needs to be fixed asap whether or not you removed it in TBC. I cannot be at my computer for 16+ hours world buffing for raids.

This is stupid.

1 Like

still not fixed