Diminishing Returns no longer a thing?

In a BG, get sapped, sapped, sapped, then the rogue gets bored, pops stealth, stuns me, does whatever move that has me wander in circles. 'Bout that time his buddies come over and then i’m lock feared, pally stunned, silenced, feared again, silenced. Let’s not forget the slows that a warrior has that guarantee you aren’t getting away from him. Ever.

I main resto druid so at least while i’m able to do something for half a second between stuns and all the other crap, i’m able to throw a HoT up.

At what point does all this crap actually stop working on me?

World of Stuncraft indeed.

They do still work but different types of abilities are in different categories. The reason he stopped sapping you after 3 is because you’d be immune to sap after the third one.

Not sure if this is up to date or not but: https://www.wowhead.com/crowd-control-diminishing-returns-wow-pvp

1 Like

I do sometimes wish CC’s were under a Loss of control vs. Slowed/rooted type catagories. Don’t get me wrong, getting sapped into stunned into rooted doesn’t feel good, but when you get sapped, into blinded, into stuned, into sheeps… it just really makes you want to quit.

Don’t get me wrong, I could definitely play PvP matches better, it just kills the mood when you are constantly unable to play the game.

1 Like

Way too many categories IMO. They fail to simplify a simple thing like CC

Less categories now than ever. Even Fear and Cyclone share a DR now.

2 Likes

They also don’t last along, with high damage cc feels very punishing.

I gave up on the trinket years ago because i just get stunned/cc’d immediately again, so it’s a waste of a GCD, imo.

I spend too much of my time shape shifting out of slows, roots, freezes that never seem to stop, but at least i can throw an instant up when between shifts. Stuns however, are eternal, and the spam is insane. It feels like Blizz doesn’t want players to actually play their game. As a resto, i feel more like i’m playing a punching bag simulator rather than a battleground healer.

Lol rogues on their own are quite annoying… Kinda ridiculous how they have all 3 main cc dr categories all on their own.

Still most of the time it’s not that bad. You’re usually in combat and sap/blind aren’t an issue… Just the stuns.