Didn't Receive 2nd and 3rd Artifact Weapon

This character is my alt, so late to the Legion game. I’ve completed my Class Hall Campaign and the Legion Campaign with just my Frost weapon. I decided that before I move on to Argus I was going to get the alternate 2 artifact weapons because I’m a collector like that (I know they are useless). I did the entire questlines for both of them, up to the point where the mage in the Violet Citadel tells me to raise my weapon to empower it. Problem is, I don’t have either one of the weapons. Am I missing something?

That seems weird. The only time I remember needing to raise my weapon is the end of the class hall campaign, which is distinct from the weapon quests. I would go talk to Meryl Felstorm and see if he has anything for you. Other than that I got nothing.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply!
I have 2 ‘A Gift From the Six’ quests in my log, and they are specific to the weapons I don’t have.
I did try talking to Meryl, and he had nothing.
Thing is, even when I look up walkthroughs for these particular quest lines I can’t even find when exactly the weapons are supposed to be rewarded, which is why I’m suspecting that the 2nd and 3rd weapons were removed completely and you can only get 1 now post BFA.

that would seem to bode ill, but it might be that you picked up the quest and aren’t recognizing it. If your log has one of:
An unexpected message
The path of atonement
The frozen flame (felo’melorn awarded)
Aluneth, greatstaff of the magna
a new threat
a forgotten enemy
eyes of the dragon
harnessing the arcane
arcane unleased
the nexus vault (aluneth awarded)

then that’s the one you’re on. If not… well, maybe they removed it but I would have expected to have heard more about it; there’s been a fair amount of publicity to the effect that (aside from the mage tower) all the appearances for the weapons are still attainable; not being able to get the weapons in the first place would have made quite a splash. You might try filing a bug report. Good luck!

1 Like

Turns out it was my own mistake. I hadn’t completed the quest lines at all, I was just confused by the fact that the Gift of the Six was being offered to me. Thank you both for helping me out! Sad to say this was a n00b mistake - pretty pathetic for someone who’s been playing since Vanilla. :blush:

I’m a bit confused by this as well and hoping maybe someone has some insight for me. I’ve completed the questline for the first weapon as a frost mage, but would like to pick up the arcane + fire weapons as well. Problem is, I’m not able to get any new quests from Felstorm.

It is possible, i supposed but don’t recall this, that I picked up the quest and forgot. I’m wondering if maybe I followed it part way, then never picked up a follow up quest and it’s just sitting out there in some stage waiting for me to continue it.

I haven’t been able to find a guide with the full quest line to follow along and see if maybe that’s the case though. Does anyone know of anything out there that may help me? TIA!

This wowhead guide lists the quests needed for the artifacts, which hopefully cna help you find your place. (Make sure to click the “spoilers” button to expand out the quest list.)

1 Like

Ahh perfect! I searched all over for something like this (including wowhead) but didn’t see this one. I found many other articles about 2nd weapon, but they just kept looping back in a circle. This is great, thank you!

When you complete the first get-artifact-weapon quest you are asked if you want to get the next one and if you accept it switches your spec and then gives you the quest. If you decline, it leaves you in the spec but in order to get the quest later you must first switch to the spec that the weapon is for. Once you switch specs, the quest giver will show a quest available.

After you get the spec, you usually don’t have to stay in that spec and complete the quest in any spec. I can’t remember if you need to switch back to the artifact weapon’s proper spec to turn the quest in but you may have to do that as well.