Did the 30% warfront bonus work?

Define “work”. It worked if you consider more alliance now play in wm. It didn’t work of you were hoping that the alliance would have anywhere close to the same number of horde with wm on. Personally the only reason I turn it on is to level a 110 alt to 120.

3 Likes

The people that enjoy WPVP are actually a very small group in WOW. You just had to look at the small population for WPVP servers to see that.

2 Likes

How can a fraction with at least 450,000 players not have enough numbers for anything? It like only .005% do anything. It makes absolutely no sense.

In that same sample, 650000 horde side has 35% doing stuff. The numbers are there. Just one side does nothing. It so unusual. The best response so far because we can not raid or do pvp is because of poor racial. We can not do war mode because we do not have the people. Then stop and wonder why. It makes no sense. Never has to me. Alliance side act as if they have overwhelming numbers against them. when it in fact not as bad. When you take consideration other players who play alliance on other country doing just fine.

2 Likes

You know what I am surprised about. I am very surprised that the PVE people like myself are not more angry about warmode. Why should people who want to do pvp, get extra rewarded for it. Why should they get more Items and gold and xp in warmode, then those of us. Who do not like WPVP. Myself I think that is wrong. After all they have their own reward system through conquest points and honor already.

5 Likes

I suspect it’s working well for leveling, but players who turn it on just for the xp increase and not because they like world pvp are probably sticking to one-sided faction areas as much as possible.

The problem at max level isn’t the % number, it’s that of the 3 rewards it affects, none is compelling for the majority of players. Only a small number of hardcore players care about AP, most people actively doing WQs don’t need war resources, and the gold rewards are too small to be much of a motivation, even with the war mode bonus.

4 Likes

You do Realize they also get extra benefits for gear reward as well, to even include 385 gear.

Where do you get 385 gear from war mode? All I’m aware of is one weekly quest for 370 gear, which is so easy to obtain from other sources right now I didn’t bother to mention it.

4 Likes

I have it on until 110 and leave it off after 110. First time I had it on while leveling at 110 i was getting killed by 120 horde every 10 to 15 mins. After about a hour of that it was off until 120. Have yet to be attacked at 120. And I only have it on to have them attacked me. But I guess they only want to jump lowbies!

Ya Legion is not a fun area for both sides right now … I have trying to finish pathfinder Legion and it hard to do quests with alliance hovering above and swooping in when you are busy with mobs or have your major abilities on cooldown. Probbaly the same for alliance as I see plenty of 120 horde flying all around Legion . Only one reason for them to be there …

3 Likes

You think the honor system in place and conquest points are any kind of great reward compared to Incursions and Warfronts? Its really not nearly as amazing as you think. It was 355s for the longest time which was quite useless to me. Its 370 now but its too little too late.

The 10/30% is a drop in the bucket and is linked exclusively to WQ. For example, you are 31 neck level and I am 37. The difference between us likely is not that 10% bonus but I do my emissaries and Island Expeditions weekly.

1 Like

The percentage is dynamic. At reset, the A/H ratio over the last week determines what the percentage will be the next week. I don’t know what the intervals are but it sounds like it’s either 30, 25, 20, 15, 10 or 30, 20, 10, (in either direction as needed).

I haven’t checked in a while, but if it is still at 30%, it would seem that it hasn’t enticed the Alliance as much as was hoped.

10 Likes

I do know about the gold part. That 2000 gold turns into 2600 gold. Alliance side I hit the million mark faster than horde side. Now to buy more tokens. That aside and the perks and abilities with wpvp on is the only reason for me. I have three class that cannot function right without pvp talents for me. probably doing it wrong.

This is mainly because of all of the awesome Horde PvPer’s that have so much skill they form 40 mans to run around and stop Alliance from doing dailies and just sit on them.

To be honest they are getting all that they have set themselves up for. When your PvP is the equivalent of going to outland at 120 and killing fresh 60s…thats not really pvp, it is just like twinking.

7 Likes

Good troll bud.

Oh, just stop with the victim card. Alliance raids are everywhere too. Go level a horde character in STV and see how many max alliance are there camping lowbies. Go do a legion invasion and see how many max alliance are there. I was leveling my warrior the other night and a huge raid came to Thrallmar in Hellfire Peninsula. I have no idea why STV and Hellfire are such hot spots for max levels to camp.

The incursion I did the other day was had masses of allie’s everywhere.

My point is, your “complaints” here go both ways.

The 30% bonus is a poor implement to try and cure this imbalance. It gives an incentive for low levels to turn it on, but max characters? No incentive at all (unless you count a weekly quest that they do and turn WM back off after). If their goal was to offer such a huge leveling incentive to alliance that horde would actually “swap” to alliance, it isn’t working either.

8 Likes

With more flagged with that cancer buff makes world content so much easier to deal with, so keep doing your thing beating your heads against each other. /salute

1 Like

It worked for me for the 4 or 5 days it took to lvl my paladin from 110-120 and then turned it off. I see no point in keeping it on outside of the %30 xp buff I got lol.

Not really dynamic, since its been 30% consistent for the Alliance since day one. Its rather stagnant.

2 Likes

I’m referring to how it reacts dynamically to A/H ratios.

If the Alliance doesn’t show up then it naturally won’t move, but it’s still designed to change if the ratio changes.

2 Likes

It is hard to tell how successful it is because so much of it is shard and server specific. I’ve run the incursions with alliance and had groups form to beat back the horde. I have run them and not seen a single horde, and then 10 min later run them on a second character and been in the middle of, well, a horde of horde.

It does feel like overall the Horde goes out and looks for PvP more. On my alliance toon I kinda feel like the fish in a stocked pond.

3 Likes