Did not receive anima from return lost souls weekly quest

I have been capped on redeemed souls for a while now and have been doing this quest weekly and receiving anima, but this week when I turned it in I only received the 51 something gold. When I picked up the quest it did say it would reward 500 anima.

There is an article that I found in game support that describes the issue, but it only says it’s been fixed for people that received 250 anima. I received none. The Article ID is 285613, I don’t know how to link to it since I found it in game.

Is it possible to receive the 500 anima from this quest?

Were you completely at 100 souls? I found that if I wasn’t quite there (just a soul or two left), it didn’t give me the anima but the next week I did manage to get the anima.

3 Likes

It looks like you were at 99/100 when you handed in the quest. Next time, assuming you stay capped, you should receive Anima instead.

5 Likes

I don’t understand this. Is that 100 souls in a week? My main is getting anima and I only do the 20 each week. My alts are not getting anima.

100 souls total, at that moment. This is not something that’s going to happen in just a couple weeks, since the most you will gather is 20 in a week (and less before you hit the max Renown level for soulkeeper upgrades).

Look in your sanctum anima reservoir. It shows the number of Redeemed Souls. Unless that number is 100 or greater, there is no anima reward for that quest. Incrementing that number by the number of souls you retrieved is the reward, since Redeemed Souls are also a currency used in sanctum upgrades.

6 Likes

No. If you look at your Sanctum status, you’ll see the number of souls you have at the bottom, next to your total Anima. If that number is red (over 100), then the next time you pick up the “Rescue Lost Souls” quest, you will get 500 Anima instead of the number of souls you rescued (usually 20, by that point).

Your alts have probably not hit the 100 cap. Your main likely has. It’s on a per character basis.

9 Likes

I did the quest yesterday 4/6/21 on two of my maxed chars and received 500 anima
but today I got zip anima on my maxed char, did get the gold. (spent two hr trying to find out how get GM help . didn’t find any) (char wintermoon-Azshara)

If this character did not get the anima, then it was not maxed out with 100+ souls.

There is no ticket to open about this issue, which is why you couldn’t find the option. If you think it was a bug, then you should post in the Bug Report Forum. GM’s cannot grant you the anima, even if it was a bug.

8 Likes

shes at 101/100 is the 1 point the reason?

Are you referring to your Troll Druid, Carlota? If so, they started at 81 this week. The quest would have put them at 101. So they’ll qualify for Anima next week, but they wouldn’t have this week. Assuming they stay at 100+.

6 Likes

my troll druid wintermoon. ok thanks for the help

1 Like

I’m lost here… Reading this post makes me wonder what’s the relationship between capped redeemed souls and the anima itself. Doesn’t make any sense.

Today my undead mage, who has 118 souls (well, saving anima for a tier 3 upgrade), didn’t get any anima from the Lost Souls weekly quest.

The problem I see here is that if you don’t get any more anima, then you won’t be able to spend it, along the capped souls in another upgrade. You would have to limit yourself to the WQs for your anima needs, which are way lower in anima supply than the Lost Soul quest.

Is that after turning in the quest? If so, that would mean you had 98 souls before the turn-in, and so weren’t capped.

7 Likes

I’m not certain I fully understand your post, Goch. The relationship is, the Lost Souls quest is a weekly quest that is intended to collect souls. You use the Redeemed Souls as part of the cost to upgrade various features of your covenant.

If you are capped for redeemed souls then you don’t really need to collect more, unless you “spend” them, so at that point doing the quest isn’t really necessary. Therefore, our Devs made is so that if you are capped you can earn a fairly large Anima boost by doing that Lost Souls quest at cap.

You would normally receive anima from world quests and similar activities, the 500 Anima from the weekly Lost Souls quest is a bonus, to be earned if you are capped. Primarily because you usually need far more Anima overall than you do Redeem Souls, so this allows you to earn some from this quest, in addition to your normal activities that also earn Anima.

Basically, you have two different versions of a quest available.

If you are not capped you get the Lost Souls quest that rewards Redeemed Souls. If you are capped you get the Lost Souls quest that rewards Anima.

8 Likes

I’ve been getting anima from the Lost souls quest for a while now, but I didn’t get it this week. I can’t find where to get this fixed.

On this character, Mikken? Did you spend any of the redeemed souls in your covenant prior to completing the weekly quest this week? If so, you likely dropped below 100. When you completed the weekly quest this week it brought you back up above 100, but you weren’t currently capped, so you wouldn’t have received the 500 anima.

If you remain capped you should get it next week.

6 Likes

Ok Thanks. I must have upgraded something. I just didn’t remember this happening on my other guys lol