Did Blizzard turn of legacy loot on the PTR?

That’s kind of like saying “But all your getting by going to the super market is food.”

Seriously, what’s the likelihood of getting anything other than speculation anywhere on these forums?

Not much, but Blizzard is answering PTR issues on the PTR forum. Maybe not very often, but when they do, its over there. Asking for answers here in GD is the wrong approach. That’s all I was saying.

It’s also good to raise this with people who are not on either the beta or PTR so they know what is coming and can go check it out. If we keep everything PTR related only on the PTR forums than players who only play live will end up being really disappointed if something like this does make it into live.

And for some, this is basically all we do with our spare time and could very well be the difference in buying SL or not. Put yourself in someone else’s shoes instead of trying to push things ‘to the correct forum’, what if someone purchases SL and than finds out the only reason they play the game has been gutted and they wasted their money in doing so when they could have brought something else instead.

2 Likes

Really.

One blue response since the patch hit the PTR and most threads are 0 replies.

The right approach seems wildly unproductive.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure some people just want to coddle up to Blizzard and get that green forum MVP tag. Me though, screw it, if something needs to be said I will say it. And if they push this non legacy legacy mode into live, for whatever reason, it will have an impact.

Yeh fine, bots need to go. But don’t kill the game for the legitimate players, Blizzard need to stop being lazy and figure out how to stop bots permanently, this is only going to stop a certain percentage of them.

4 Likes

There was another discussion about this a couple days ago:

The normal rules for legacy loot are that you must be 11 levels higher than the original content. That’s not possible in the prepatch.

I really don’t expect legacy loot to work at all until after SL drops. There’s no good way to tell what’s “legacy” content once everything’s been squished to 1-50 and we’re all lvl 50.

But I haven’t seen any complaints about legacy loot in the beta, so I assume they’ve come up with some new rule that does work there.

I want gold from my old raids i like collecting and making gold in the process, i didnt care in changes about gamplay, but if they screw my colelctions, and my fun.

Man, that would be good

That makes sense, but at the same time under normal 16 years of Blizzard history only works on a normal levelling scale. Squishing back to 50 means if the old raids are level say, 40, than it’s going to ruin a lot of players alts at the same time.

Like I was farming Firelands, that is 10 years old. With the 11 level rule it would mean 10 year old content is no longer classified as legacy? Bollocks.

2 Likes

Where did they said that?

Just be patient. They still need to work out how th scaling works but legacy loot will work as normal once we are able to outrank it at max. They also have reportedly broken twinking (havent checked to see if this has been updated in the last week) so legacy may be something only available at max level now.
I’m more concerned about the vendor price drop for the loot =( tho i suppose it will still be worth running for tmog and pets/achieves same like what happened to ICC and BC raids

sure, that counts.

…but posting about it here, does nothing but stir the pot if it’s a bug, and if it is a bug, it won’t get the attention/traction it needs by posting here.

so… exactly what’s the point of posting here?

:spoon:

You can’t stop that crap.

Just let people play the game.

1 Like

As others said, citation needed. Cause you’re making a big claim with this one.

So fine, you want us to never post anything useful on GD to alert the masses of possible upcoming changes and give the majority of players who are on the forums a chance to have a voice? Got it, I’ll leave you all alone to experience the disaster that will be SL as it comes and let you realise after it’s too late that nothing can be done and you only wasted your time.

Does that sound better?

this “change” has happened plenty of times on the PTR.
…it’s always been a bug, so why would you believe it to be intended this time?

more like… you’ll consider posting here to be sufficient, and then you’ll complain if it goes live.

explain how it would hurt you to post in the PTR forum.
…everyone can read there, even if they don’t test.

don’t assume your singular report is going to gain traction if it’s an issue which nobody else has noticed.

once again, you are only here to poke the hornets nest.

More like you assume that is all that I have done and than try to make me look bad.

As someone else here has already pointed out, there had been bugger all responses from any blue poster on the PTR and given how little posts, views and responses there are currently on the PTR forum, it tells me there is almost no one frequenting those forums anything I do end up posting there will not be seen by many people, therefore limiting the knowledge of anything happening on the PTR.

Than when this goes live, if something like this was to truly happen it would not be me coming here on the live forum to complain, it will be thousands of other users screaming about a bad change and how they were not notified of it prior.

So I ask you, why do you have such a problem with someone posting a general discussion topic on the general discussion forum? If you don’t like it, than leave, you don’t have to read what we are posting if it upsets you so much.

What we’ve been told repeatedly is that we will still be able to farm on our geared max level characters. That isn’t remotely how most people farm old content.

I fully expect it to be neutered to pointlessness. The game is being designed now by people who play very little of it for people who play just like them. They will remove options until there are no options left but to play the game exactly like them.

There is no room for personal preferences. Either you play the game right, or you’re doing it wrong and need to be stopped.
http://www.memorableplaces.com/mudwimping.html

@OP, Nobully needs you to hush this up. That’s why he’s here.

No, nothing has ever been stated.

People need to relax. The SAME EXACT THING happened with BFA Beta.

Legacy Loot is one of the last things they turn on, I assume because the scaling can cause unforseen issues, but are usually isolated.

I think part of it is because they want people testing the new content, not the old content. It’s why raids are normally turned off in general on PTRs.

1 Like

which only means that you and that “someone else” don’t understand how the “in development” forums work.

devs don’t sit around shooting the breeze all day.

they’ll only post if a big change is made, if something particular needs testing, or if more information is needed.

this is the general discussion forum for the live version of the game.

and has already been explained, PTR has seen bugs like this before.

posting about it here, isn’t helpful, nor is it going to help it get fixed.

Where was this confirmed?