Did a single person complain about the ash event happening too frequently?

why have they done this?

2 Likes

This is what happens when no internal testing or beta goes on

1 Like

bro… 2 hours passed and the zone is at 50%… absolutely pathetic

5 Likes

Bro…we are the Beta Testers.

3 Likes

Nope, was actually the one thing about the event that was mostly seen as universally praised. Always had something to do when there was nothing else to do.

2 Likes

The Ashenvale event was cancer imo.

I dunno if you’ve ever played ESO, but there are these events that trigger in the world an people just mount up and run between them/farm them for hours on auto pilot. It’s one of the most mind numbing brain dead grinds I’ve ever seen/partaken in. It literally makes me want to strap C4 to the side of my head and see how much of the room I can paint red.

The ashenvale event is like that, except everyone else in the zone gets run over by it in the process. It’s probably one of the most idiotic things I’ve seen put into a video game. Especially because it causes so much lag that you can’t even tell what is going on.

I’m not sad about it happening less often – the layers being empty sucks though.

I love world PvP man. It’s honestly the only reason I play the game. Those raids suck though. Can’t do anything as a solo player to stop them, forces you to be a sheep and follow your factions raid around. Sucks to be melee in. Feels more like a zerg to tag people before they die than anything else. That or just frantically running from your life hoping you don’t get slowed/stunned.

It’d be different if it wasn’t laggy, and the game was balanced around that kinda PvP / classes had niche roles to play in PvP on that scale. I’d be all for it then. But people would be throwing tantrums if the game were balanced for that scale of combat in every other aspect of the game.

That being said – I don’t think messing up layering for the rest of the game was the solution.

In case you are incapable of finding the blue post that explains thoroughly what was changed:

TL;DR: The fix for trying to stop groups from randomly changing layers while fighting in the battle has the downside of increasing how much it takes to progress towards the event.

As with all things blizzard, it is best to exploit often and exploit early. The sweatlords that take advantage of obvious mechanic issues are always rewarded with the best gear. This goes across all of their games.

the most recent blue post, bumped on this very category of the forums, clearly states they are able to make the progress move faster.

hope this helps.

Well with all respect the lag is just a you thing…i can run with 100 people on my screen and maybe people look a lil glitchy but nothing game breaking

2 Likes

It’s not even client lag, it’s 100% server lag. My framerate is fine.
It’s when I activate an ability and 8 seconds later it happens.

Why are you asking this when they made an entire post answering it already