Diamond Flask's HP5 snapshots

What are you even talking about? They claimed Runeblade’s snapshotting and +healing mechanics weren’t present in Vanilla (they were) because “blerg blerg blerg doesn’t match our non-existent reference client that we use to justify whatever changes/unfixable bugs we need to justify blerg blerg blerg”.

3 Likes

So where is your proof that it actually existed in that state during 1.12?

Impressive use of Diamond Flask. The shenanigans are just going to get “worse”…

2 Likes

#WorkingAsIntended amirite?

2 Likes

For one, it’s personal experience. Other than that there is the fact that runeblade was never changed. Even in retail today it scales as looking at my profile proves. Occam’s Razor stipulates that it has always scaled. Has any item in WoW’s history ever been buffed to such absurd levels before?

Edit:

apparently paladins are more nerfed than originally thought?

1 Like

https://classic.wowhead.com/spell=17625/unholy-aura
https://www.wowhead.com/spell=17625/unholy-aura

Looks like it was changed at some point. Maybe it scaled with +Healing in Vanilla, maybe it didn’t. Blizzard said it didn’t, maybe they’re wrong.

By Magmy (40,046 – 8·36·150) on 2006/10/30 (Patch 1.12.1)
Correct. No movement speed increases stack, and this gives the 8% just like any other increase. New Final Edit: This stacks starting in 6.0.2, and the speed bonus was increased to 10%.

Even if it was manually changed, with the blanket increase of all speed enchants and speed bonuses to 10% it is unlikely anyone cared for a level 60 weapon in WoD other than fury warriors who could DW the weapon for double move speed bonuses. Even wowhead has comments of it scaling in WotLK.

1 Like

Huh? Explain to me how you came to this conclusion, because I have had skull for a very long time on my warrior in classic and it’s the original version of 100-500 drain, not the 60% drain it became in TBC.

Additionally, the only issue with discombobulator was the dismount and they fixed that rather quickly. Plenty of reasons for that issue to exist. I think you fundamentally don’t understand how classic was developed or built or what you are talking about.

also this…

2 Likes

And yet none of that is on the Blizzard report for hotfixes or issues that I have personally seen. And while I am well aware not everything goes up there (looking at you unlootable target dummies on launch) I don’t really take suggested bugs that are then “fixed” later without notice as necessarily true.

And you know why I don’t? Because 99% of the people reporting these bugs are basing their understanding of these items and how they work on private servers that are known to be incorrect themselves.

Why would it be? That would constitute admitting fault in their 100% perfect recreation of Vanilla.

Thanks! I take that as a compliment from someone who just proved themselves completely ignorant of how Classic bug fixes have played out. It’d be more concerning if you’d endorsed me.

2 Likes

Thanks for quoting one part of the statement and ignoring the rest of it that addresses your issue. Makes me believe you are, in fact, the person that never played vanilla and only knows the private server crowd.

I love how you refuse to acknowledge anything about classic, and just complain a lot. Like, just all complaining and nothing other than complaining. It’s actually kind of sad.

My post was well written, and addressed what you might already have had an issue with, but instead of reading it you just decided “Blizzard bad, me angry, me complain” instead of bothering to actually think.

Honestly it’s people like you that will ruin what Classic is. And definitely don’t deserve Classic at all.

The skull was broken for months and the fix still applies the damage incorrectly. Theloras linked the relevant threads. There wasn’t anything of value in your post and the hostility made it pretty facepalm inducing.

4 Likes

hey blizz - you guys still wanna say that Runeblade never scaled in Vanilla?

GideonAI10/06/2019
Yeah all the old comments said it scales with +healing from vanilla, burning crusade, wrath, cata, and even into MoP IIRC
So I’m not surprised it’s still like that in Vanilla (along with the Diamond Flask which had the same hp5 but scaled with +healing until it was patched out in an early BC hotfix)
I checked all the other hp5 or passive hp regen items in the game, the only 3 that the datamine said scaled with +healing were the Runeblade, the Diamond Flask, and the Bloodfang 8-piece set proc

GideonAI10/28/2019
The only healing-effects-from-gear that scale in the datamine are the diamond flask (confirmed in early BC and we have archived hotfix notes from Blizz fixing this in early 2007), the proc effect from the Bloodfang set, and the runeblade

tilkkuToday at 9:57 PM
This one has amplify magic fading while bloodfang is on, seems pretty conclusive:
https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/reports/qpYngH1BtQK3kDA9#fight=9&type=healing&source=42&view=events
he’s getting 200 healing ticks with amp magic applied
and only 50 without amp magic

3 Likes

Because wowtools datamining of patch 1.13 Runeblade scaling means it scaled in patch 1.12.1

???

If it was a bug introduced in Classic, and wowtools datamined it, of course it’s going to show up as scaling. I don’t understand your point.

To the CM who edited the title of this post. You’re feeding misinformation into the mechanic and indirectly to the rest of the thread. Diamond Flask is not a HP5 mechanic much like Runeblade of Rivendare and others. They are coded as HoTs, which are different than HP5.

1 Like

But if the bug exists in Classic, and the datamine pulls the data from Classic, then wouldn’t the datamine pull the bugged item’s code? Would it not be getting the same wrong information?

There’s more than just those two options. False dichotomy is a logical fallacy.

1 Like

Greetings!

We’ve looked into these reports and have found that the Diamond Flask’s behavior does in fact correctly match Original WoW 1.12 as well as the Reference Client. For now, at least, we have no plans to change it.

As we do not consider this to be a “bug”, I’m going to be closing this thread now. Thank you!

23 Likes