DH is still crap DPS. 5% +3% didn't fix us!

As of week 8, even with the new 3% buff, Havoc is still bottom dps. Every other class has a higher dps spec to choose from.

*side note, I’m currently 220 equipped and get beat by 209 monks. Fun game blizzard!

https://www.wowhead.com/news=320826/analysis-of-shadowlands-dps-in-mythic-castle-nathria-february-2nd-week

As you can see DH is still bottom of the pack for dps. Every other class has a higher dps spec they can choose.

We need another 5% buff.

25 Likes

Looks like middle to me. We are also above arms warriors. Am I reading this wrong?

4 Likes

You are not. I’d expect the overperformers to be nerfed more inline with where we are as opposed to us getting another buff.

2 Likes

On the chart it’s the middle, but that’s not the point, It’s actually the bottom.

Every class has a worse spec than DH, but they also have a better spec. We are ahead of the other classes * worse specs

We only have one offesnsive spec.

15 Likes

Nobody with a brain expected 5% to fix us. We need to be fixed from a design standpoint. a 5% tuning doesn’t change that

9 Likes

But…DH’s were OP for the last 2 expansions…and you’re upset because you’re not top anymore?

4 Likes

interesting conflation with class, however stack ranked among (SPECS) DH sits right in the middle… seems pretty balanced to me - not OP or UP, not to mention we bring 5% magic damage buff and darkness

1 Like

This, I was actually saying the same thing.

Where did the DH touch you young snowflake?

4 Likes

They weren’t, without BFA corruption they were still middle of the road.

1 Like

No, we’re solidly in the middle because there’s 24 DPS specs not 12.

Other specs inside a class being good doesn’t mean anything.

You think Frost and Arcane Mages are fine because “they can just play fire!”? That Demo and Destruction locks, Fury Warriors, Sin Rogues, Frost DKs, are all fine because they have another spec that’s doing well?

That’s nonsense and the fact that people even agree with that statement is ludicrous. Unless they’re Mythic raiders, which is less than 5% of the playerbase at most, people play specs first, then classes. And even then, as we clearly see, the distribution shows Mythic raiders playing non-top tier DPS, even then giving credence to people playing a spec, not a class, first.

5 Likes

the issue is that the discrepancy from top performer to bottom.
in normal raid, because that pic show in mythic by pro players.
www.
warcraftlogs.
com/zone/statistics/26#dataset=95&difficulty=3&aggregate=amount

warlock affliction at the top does 4400k
rogue assesination at the bottom does 3300k
is a 1.33% diference, that is a lot.

means that classes by today are not balance, a good balance would be bringing that 1.33% to 1 (means no difference, all do same damage) but since mechanics, some are melee, other ranges, certain fights with adds etc… a 20% (1.20) margin would be accetable. means a 1.13 difference, asking for a 13% balance is not crazy.

1 Like

The issue isn’t where we are in the pack. The issue is the difference between the pack leaders and the average specs.

If we were 1% behind the top spec it wouldn’t matter at all, even if we had the lowest dps.

If we were 10% behind the top spec it also wouldn’t matter at all, even if we were the second best.

1 Like

Thing is dh strongly relies om borrowed power and we haven’t unlocked all conduits yet. Yes, this is sucky design but maybe in a few more weeks we might be higher than middle of the pack.

1 Like

All of that is true, but it’s even worse.

Think of this: The only DHs who remain are the real die-hards, and the ones who are good enough that their guilds would take them on a bad spec over an average player on FOTM. As a result, the actual performance of havoc is probably inflated due to higher-skill players remaining.

Furthermore, while I agree that we rely heavily on borrowed powers I just don’t see how conduits alone are going to dramatically increase our damage. You can sim fully unlocked soulbinds/conduits and our numbers really don’t go up by all that much, comparatively.

We need some pretty substantial changes or buffs in order to be competitive.

6 Likes

So that won’t be solved by a DH buff … more by a nerf at the top. Highly unlikely Havoc is going to see a buff anytime soon. It’s middle of the pack .

1 Like

I do like how people can suddenly read the chart and say havoc is middle of the pack, but in BfA when we were right around the same spot we were called OP and topping the meters.

9 Likes

In raiding DH is in the same place as BFA. But was in a better place in mythic + / PvP compared to SL.

Anyway most of the QQ in BFA was because Havoc were demolishing ppl in WPvP and now that is pretty much gone , the nerf DH crowd is happy . Ironically Vengeance is pretty strong in WPvP but it seems to not attract the same rage Havoc does.

I don’t think a class should be bad cause it was good in the previous expansion. Having such a disparity vs all other classes is disastrous since not other options are available to DHs. They need an rework including some form of immunity and their damage buffed so that in certain encounters (AoE/Cleave) they do top meters. They shouldn’t be the ST kings but neither should they feel that behind in all other forms of damage patterns.

4 Likes

the inmunity talent should be baseline tbh a melee that can soak mechanics is nice to have (lower the CD to 3min¿?)

2 Likes