DH is still crap DPS. 5% +3% didn't fix us!

Netherwalk should be baseline +1

2 Likes

I read your post about a new ability and a couple of new things for demon hunters and i think it makes so much sense, actually it inspired me to think of some life changing improvements…

i havent thinked about numbers or anything, im more of a creative person lol

first of all numbers on chaos strike needs to be looked at.

Momentum needs to be gone, it is a talent that almost no one likes and like someone said in this forums, in higher mythics dung and raid u cant be dashing all around like a crazy guy 'cause positioning its a high priority.

Chaos strike and inmolation aura should have an interaction, having Inmolation active should make chaos strike do greater dmg (like that anima power from torghast but with animation), and chaos strike should proc an empowered version of inmolation aura wich does more dmg on activation

The legendary effect of erratic fel core should be part of the unbound chaos talent to make it more viable, specially in pvp where sometimes we need to keep healing reduction on a target

First blood should be baseline and dodge chance should be a thing again to improve survivability

Also there is a lot of unused potential on this “ability” that DHs have on the lore wich is Fel lance, i know it is used one rain from above but like i said before, i see a lot of potential, it could be a talent or a baseline ability, idk, where something like Inmolation, chaos or blade dance start proccing and givin stacks of fel lance and can be used like the flurry thingy from mages, that would make our kit synergize pretty good givings us kill potential on pvp, more dmg on pve outside meta and demonic window, a cool ability lore/fantasy friendly and with enough development and time it could make a fine 3rd spec

This are just some ideas and suggestions

Have a good one

4 Likes

Its obvious that DH is lacking. Do they choose not to listen, and how do we go about getting this fixed.

Something that we haven’t even spoke is what item level the top dps have compare to the bottom. If a top dps need 180 and to bottom is using 220 gear then yeah there is a big difference.

The worse part of it, is trying to get into groups. The last 2 days ive been consistently denied for M+ groups, even as low as +8’s. Its like people dont understand that we still absolutely destroy in AoE burst…

Updated for week 4 charts. We are still the worst dps class in the game.

But we aren’t? Week four shows DH just barely below the middle.

Stop Doomin.

1 Like

smh look at the charts closer. Every other class has a choice of picking a higher dps spec than Havoc. We are the worst dps class.

1 Like

This is absurd logic.

We perform very well in cleave and m+. We are middle of the pack in ST. We’re fine in terms of performance.

3 Likes

Good luck getting invited to a group

You see I’ve predominantly timed 14+ on every dungeon, correct? I have no issue getting invited to groups.

Wild idea, also, use your own key.

2 Likes

I think what OP is trying to say that people aren’t seeing is DH has one DPS spec to pick from and is bottom of the charts.

Monk 1 DPS spec - really strong

Warlock 3 DPS specs - 1 is really strong, 1 is mid, 1 is really weak

Shaman 2 DPS specs - 1 is really strong, and 1 is mid

DK 2 DPS specs - 1 is really strong and 1 is mid/weak

Druid 2 DPS specs - 1 really strong and 1 strong

Mage 3 DPS specs - 1 really strong and 2 weak

Hunter 3 DPS specs - 1 strong and 2 weak

Rogue 3 DPS specs - 1 mid pack 2 weak

Warrior 2 DPS specs - 1 mid pack and 1 weak

Priest 1 DPS spec - high-mid

DH 1 DPS spec - bottom

Pal 1 DPS spec - weak

So if you take out all the classes that can play better specs that are higher in the charts DH is fairly bottom rung. Everything below DH in the 4th week chart has a better DPS spec to play.

1 Like

I agree we perform well in cleave and aoe but how can you call us mid pack ST? What spec has lower ST then DH? We are 18th out of 24 on dps/ damage on pure ST fights while being tied for worst damage class with warrior. Both classes need a ST buff. Don’t touch cleave for either but buff ST.

1 Like

If you take out all of the best specs from each class then we are near the top!

That is just as arbitrary a statement as yours for 99% of players… as a dh I’m getting invited to m+ groups just as often as any of the other melee specs I play. If you push your own keys, then you realize how many dps are signing up for groups. Havoc is doing fine for h raids and high keys.

I’m confident very few to none of the people who are constantly whining have ever bothered to consider this as an option.
When declined from a group, some of these people just think “oh it’s my class”. Couldn’t possibly fathom that:

1. they have a trash io and people don’t want to carry them
  2. the comp needs something the dh can’t provide, like a lust, brez, or soothe
  3. there is already a havoc in the group
  4. group needs a ranged

I said it earlier in this thread and people are clearly glossing over it, so I’ll say it again and clearer this time:

A class having multiple DPS specs where only one is good does not mean they have it better than us.

Players overwhelmingly play a spec not a class. Telling a Frost Mage that “It’s okay you can just play Fire” is incredibly tone deaf and shows where a lot of your priorities really lie, and it’s not having actual balance within the DPS specs.

Absolutely ridiculous that you people are still using that argument as a reason DHs need buffs. Shame on you.

3 Likes

I don’t think anyone is disputing that they merely point out the fact without leveling a new character if they wanted to meta highest damage they could where DH can’t. Im pretty sure everyone wants to see the gap between top and bottom shrink personally i think the top is fine where is it is and other classes should be brought up to be close to their numbers all dps should be within 5 to 7% with group utility being what separates the classes.

2 Likes

That’s fine and all, but those players that play a spec and not the whole class aren’t doing content where the spec they play matters at all. If someone is only playing frost mage I bet they have a lot more they could work on to improve their play and a 10% buff to their damage isn’t going to suddenly make those players better.

If DH is only going to have 1 dps spec the rest of this expansion it needs a buff to its single target and ideally a rework of the spec (doubt this happens anytime soon). I’d gladly take a second dps spec for Demon Hunter that was performing better for raids even if Havoc was left at the bottom.

Those players that play a class and not any of the other class options available to them are not doing the type of content where the class they play matters at all. If someone is only playing demon hunter I bet they have a lot more they could work on to improve their play and a 10% buff to their damage isn’t going to suddenly make those players better.

And which content is this? Mythic raiding? High rated PvP?

There’s a Fury Warriors that only has Fury parses (98-100 percentile) and currently 8/10M.

There’s an Unholy DK that is top 250 on the 3v3 ladder and very clearly only plays Unholy in PvP. (For those that aren’t aware, Unholy is very much trash in PvP compared to Frost)

Are these not players that are only playing a single spec of a class, even when it’s not remotely good, in content that matters? Yes, I am 99.99% confident that you can find a ton of Mythic/High-rated PvP players that play the class, but to discount the rest because “they can always swap” is, again, tone deaf.

Yes they can swap and do better. No, that shouldn’t be the only option for them to enjoy the game.

1 Like