DH is proof that less is better

Demon hunters just have that much packed into their skills it’s slightly stupid when compared to other classes

They also have double jump which I imagine makes them more fun than a lot of other classes

Also they’re pretty bonkers right now as far as class power goes for how simple their rotation is

1 Like

To me “overly complicated” is precisely the point where 1-=, backspace and all punctuation aren’t enough. I remember MoP being problematic with binds but I really felt in recent expansions they’d got the number of buttons more or less where it should be. I’m not happy about the unprune, I hate situational crap.

2 Likes

Maybe you misunderstood me. I didn’t say DH is the most fun class. I am saying that many people enjoy it. Even if DH wasn’t OP, I believe many people would continue to play it.
If you don’t like it, that’s great, play another class. But there are a lot of people who do like it which shows that not all classes need more buttons.

1 Like

I agree with you for the most part, OP. The thing about DH is because it has less, I also get bored of it quickly in between progression. No procs (aside from felblade if talented into it), I end up getting bored of the rotation.

On top of that, because the rotation is so easy, I find it feels kind of unsatisfying to do well with it. I sit there in raids, pulling 100k…something that took no work to get to. Just stack infinite stars…woo. Other classes take a bit of thought for the high dps and tend to not work as well with an IS build, from my experience. Frost DK, getting close to the same numbers with a pure stat build, and I find it a lot more exciting.

That all said, I also start missing my DH when I switch from it for too long.

3 Likes

I’m glad that class design is subjective because I and a ton of other people think that DH (particularly havoc) is an embarrassment and the most lazily designed spec I’ve ever seen.

Nothing going on, no cohesion between abilities, boring talents, no clear direction on it aside from being flashy. Awful. Scrap and redo from the ground up in my book. Being flashy doesn’t mean it’s good or creative design wise. You may have fun with pressing 2 buttons and being flashy eye beaming people but it’s a mess.

3 Likes

Clearly all humor is lost on you…

I’m not asking for anything, by the way. Just expressing my hatred of DH.

DH has everything baked into their normal rotation. That’s why the less is better.

It’s fine to have a braindead meme spec but it has to be tuned to perform lower than something like feral that people have to play out of their minds just to do ok damage.

It’s a terrible feeling when you’re playing like a korean starcraft god yet can’t keep up with some dude that started playing the game last month and only has to press blade dance and eyebeam on cooldown which gives him both full AoE and single target rotation, massive passive healing and passive evasion completely free without any thought.

MMO’s need to promote and reward player skill progression alongside character power progression.

3 Likes

Perfect for slightly stupid players like me!

It is fun, but I would like it even if it wasn’t there.

Yes, I actually think DPS should be somewhat commensurate with difficulty. It’s why the old “glass cannon” made sense to me. High DPS should be reward for the extra effort. So if DH weren’t so OP, some people would switch to the new flavor of the month, but I think a lot of people would continue to play DH just because they are fun.

1 Like

DH’s are proof that Blizzard jumped the shark years ago.

1 Like

I miss my old Warrior rotation of Auto-attack, taunt, kick, sense heading, and the occasional slam to interrupt.

I like to do content for the first time on my DH. It allows me to learn the mechanics of the dungeons/raids without having to deal with a complicated rotation as well.

2 Likes

There is definitely division on the whole # of buttons things.

I’m a fan of simpler classes + harder boss mechanics than the inverse.

Classic also shows that simplicity works.

5 Likes

This is exactly what I’m talking about. You think it’s boring and over simplistic so you think it should be redesigned, even though there are so many people that actually enjoy it for that exact reason. Instead of making a simple spec more complicated, how about you just play one of the many other specs? Is it because you know the bloat will increase the chances of it becoming broken like other over-complicated classes?

For me it’s not really about “buttons to mash”, it’s about flavour.

My favourite version of any class was my WotLK Prot Paladin and my core rotation basically consisted of 5 abilities.

but I had blessings, I had auras, I had divine intervention, I had utility cooldowns. I had flavour that made my character feel like a Paladin and not just a vehicle for raid performance.

I don’t really care about the core rotation having X buttons to mash, I care about the flavour.

Which feels like that has been heavily reduced in classes.

2 Likes

They said the same thing about your class when it came out.

1 Like

Oh I know you weren’t being serious. But that exact sentiment is constantly blasted on the forums. For some people, simpler is better. Don’t make it more complicated to appease the people that aren’t playing it.

DH is literally proof of the opposite.

DH are awful in every way. The most unenjoyable “class” I’ve ever had the dismay of trudging through.

Because if people want a game with baby mode :baby: , go play Mario cart.

I agree 100%. I played boomkin when it sucked, and lately I almost felt guilty when I am at the top of the meters.