DH Feedback from the Highest Rated DH in NA

This post is only related to Arena PvP.

This is my third feedback post. My previous ones did get read by the Developers it seems, seeing as almost all my suggestions got added in patch 9.1. So let’s see if we can make that happen again?

Alright so, I wanna only talk about Defensives. Demon Hunters are great defensively.
I know, put down the pitchforks, let me explain.

We have the most defensive cooldowns in the game out of any DPS class:

• Blur
  • Netherwalk
  • Darkness
  • Rain From Above
  • Glimpse

But even then, the number 1 complaint people have is that we are weak defensively.
I have a feeling you, the developers, have a fundamental misunderstanding what people mean when they say this.
Demon Hunters have defensive Cooldowns but no damage mitigation.
This results in surviving offensive cooldowns, but dying to consistent damage.

In my opinion, that’s poor design. No one wants to die to air. It makes it impossible for the class to become top tier, unless our damage becomes over the top, which is not fun for anyone.

So my suggestion to make Demon Hunters viable is this:

• Change Soul Rending to give 20% Leech outside of Metamorph, up from 10% and an additional 10% leech inside of Metamorph, down from 20%.
  • Increase Blur Damage Reduction to 30%, up from 20%.

And that’s literally it. Please Blizzard, stop buffing our damage. Just do this change, and we’ll be viable. Thank you for reading!

If you guys wanna catch me live playing high rated 2s or 3s, check out my twitch @ twitch.tv/mvqq

64 Likes

I love you, have my babies.

6 Likes

give us blade dance dodge back.

23 Likes

I do not engage with PVP at all but I highly support these changes specifically because they help PVE in a way that is meaningful as well.

1 Like

For pve only, yeah

Let’s say the buff leech, that means we lose netherwalk. Will you just swap talents depending on team comp? Like rmp run nether? Melee cleave run leech?

Nah def for pvp only. It’s removal was cited as being able to use it to dodge pve mechanics when it wasn’t intended.

Yeah you just play Leech versus consistent damage comps (Jungle, RPS, etc.) and Netherwalk into Burst comps (RMP, Godcomp, Turbo, etc)

Love the stream btw. Trying to get better with my glimpse on set ups. Sticking to flight for now till I get more practice.

Appreciate it buddy.

i agree 100%. if the reason it was removed was because the dodge was too insane, 1/2 the % and test it- quit gutting things that worked but was probably overtuned.

1 Like

Def don’t need it back for pvp either then

yes we do. just to counter rogues.

4 Likes

Do you guys like this suggestion?

7 Likes

Yup! Will blizzard actually do anything? Probably not… Although double Leggo with necro might be a good defensive if we can keep up our dmg? 40% dmg reduced against targets hit by exploding demon I think?

1 Like

Yes i think they are good suggestions. I also think possibly allowing Netherwalk to break stuns/cc would be nice too. We need something. at this point, idc what it is just something more. Damage is very good though, we need defensive buffs badly.

1 Like

I think it would be nice. I like the last changes done.

perhaps add blade dance dodge as a PvP talent. so more than likely you decide between healing reduction or damage reduction against melee. it seems the same as warriors having spell reflect and disarm!

4 Likes

The functionality of blade dance dodge is extremely similar to the gameplay employed by glimpse. That’s not what has put DH in the basement.

DH ate nerfs at shadowlands launch because of their performance in late stage BFA. Our damage now is good, but the class wasn’t overturned like then with gushing combined with viable defensives. Had the meta not become so bursty we probably would have been fine, but it’s so dependent on trading defensives for offensives right now that we simply do not have them to use when the win condition is being coordinated. Returning blur and leech to their previous state would balance the spec. It would prevent us having to trade defensives outside of enemy damage and make it a competitive choice. It would still be below warrior defensive utility and WW wombo offensive power but it could actually compete.

6 Likes

let’s bump this up

5 Likes