DH Burst Fun

Seems like there is a lot of doom and gloom surrounding DH’s current and near-future state in Dragonflight… but don’t we actually have monstrous damage burst on-demand?:

• Glaive Throw
  • Immolation Aura
  • Sigil of Flame
  • Sigil of Misery (w/ Misery in Defeat debuff)
  • Elysian Decree
  • The Hunt
  • Essence Break + Blade Dance
  • Eye Beam
  • Meta + Essence Break + Death Sweep + Eye Beam

I’ve been having a ton of fun with it-- how many classes can dish out that much pressure? Why is everyone so negative about it?

Are you talking about PvP or PvE?

In PvP there’s no way people are going to let you get that burst off unless you’re at very low rating.

In PvE people are complaining because DH has one of the worst single-target DPS.

In both cases it looks like DH is either being ignored or is receiving irrelevant changes. In 10.0.7 DH actually received a NERF in PvP due to the talent changes even though it was far from the best spec. In PvE the talent swaps did nothing for the single target damage. The only other change was a small buff to eye beam.

DH is still a fun class but people are negative because the class is weak and being ignored by the developers.

8 Likes

Pretty much this. Even when we spec into ST, we do just barely above WW monk (which need love too).

1 Like

Oh, I’m referring specifically to BGs. I left out things like Imprison and Stuns, which are necessary to pull these moves off (esp Eye Beam, sometimes Hunt).

i am very ashame to say that in raids, single bosses, i am above the tank, below every one else =(

with left mid build.(essence and eyebeam)

Im alittle bit above that, but like 10k dps less than other classes ST.

1 Like

Feels nice to land a 160K Elysian Decree, followed by a 180K Hunt, followed by a 130K Essence Break in a matter of like 5sec or less.

I do agree that our Single target defiantly needs a huge buff…I have to work so much harder then the warrior and Dk and actually all other classes on single target fights in our heroic or mythic raid group.

In Dungeons I am usually on of the top 2 damage person but then again it depends on the dungeon…in some with more single target I do struggle especially when fodder does not proc at all…

Like last mythic Eranog kill I Normally do about 90-110 k that’s when my fodder actually procs every 30 secs give or take and I maintain the 20% damage buff and line it up with my essence break…there have been times where my first fodder buff is still up and a second demon spawns… however in the last mythic kill… the demon spawned when the boss was at 2%…literally 3-4 secs before the entire fight was over.

I was 6th on damage at 70-72 k…where my dps went up to 80-85 k when I used meta or essence break with the adds… however 70-72 k sustained while a feral Druid…a monk…warrior and dk and beast mastery hunter and a marksmen hunter all did 90-100k or plus.

I mean come on a pure DPS class and I was only 2 above our bear tank who normally does 60-70 k dps on aoe fights or even higher with more mobs…

So yeah we need Single target buff bad… I have been asking on here and on Twitter as to who the DH community can reach out to at blizzard regarding the class or what will be done but so far no answer even more emails… if I do find anything or info I will share with you all.

As for my build I have found this build as a sweet spot as it works for me assuming fodder spawns then dps numbers are easy… I am 411 ilvl and my current stats are 32% crit…21% haste…7% vers…42% mastery and 13 or 14 % leech.

Build :

BEkA3rMB9zxhmMyHM+LAkbk0KKJBJRKBaJJJJBIAAAAAAAaRCSLlIJpgk0QRiDkkkEA

I know a lot of people will say I need to drop the haste and get more crit…trust me I have tried with diff stat numbers and this is what works best for me…with lower haste my dps drops a lot…at the moment I have one of the haste enchants on weapon and one of the frozen one.

Lower haste or higher crit might work for you but for the moment this is what stats work for me. I can use more mastery but I have to work with the gear I have…some of us are not as lucky with some drops as others.

Anyways try the spec above and see how you do…I have a platter MOD that makes your fodder of the flame demon a different color and makes your demon stick out even in a aoe situation with 20+ mobs around you and let’s you change it color plate to any color you like and with a mouse over macro for glaive it’s easy to hit the target even with multiple mobs on you to get the dps buff…let me know if needed I can share the plater MOD link from wago and the mouse over macro is on the DH discord.

Have a great day.

2 Likes

Pure single target it seems were like 10-12k DPS behind the higher dps classes, and they excel at AoE if they spec for it. Just seems like something isnt being addressed.

3 Likes

How is it that almost all other classes seem to be excelling in both ST and AOE and we’re on the backburner. Like, warlocks, again? Rogues, again? Really. And this is after all the promises made back in SL when we were just crap all year around.

Atleast its no longer being a melee lock and I enjoy the playstyle more but yeah. Its rough in high keys. :cry:

1 Like

You are correct in saying that DHs have excellent burst potential, provided that you take advantage of it talent wise. In fact, that is one thing that allows them to excel in PvE as well when burst is necessary to kill things (such as on Sennarth and Umbrelskul, for example).