DF looks like SL-lite

So does any one else see that its just all the shadowlands leggo’s / conduits all over again.

Blizzard promised no more borrowed power so they just baked in the borrowed power.

No damage outside of CDs then people getting 1 shot again on beta

5 Likes

elaborate

that gets rid of borrowed power lmfao, what exactly do you want them to do?

nothing has been tuned yet, theyre doing large overhauls of specs weekly almost

2 Likes

Borrowed power was never the problem. Having to grind it was

Dont think you grasp what borrowed power means

17 Likes

All of shadowland the priest legendaries sucked. and so this is from shadow priest standpoint- Talbadars leggo, shadowflame prism leggo, twins leggo, mind flay summoning a tentacle leggo are all baked into the class.

I wanted them to get rid of the useless leggos and change the classes to actually feel good. It feels like they just jammed all the crap they had that was already underwhelming just to fill trees.

Regardless of tuning, its just modifiers on modifiers again.

when ur class is so good it isnt reliant on a legendary or covenant

5 Likes

I mean it is a problem when a spec relies on it to feel complete or when choice is feigned because one path is borderline mandatory to be successful.

That’s still not a problem, in the 20 years of WoW skills and stuff have been mandatory even when advertised as “choices” like talents

It’s having to grind countless hours for them that sucks

1 Like

good ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎

What talents would you have preferred? 5 point talents that give you 5% more crit like the boring crap they have in wotlk?

1 Like

Probably be worse. Every healing priest running around with PI twins, void shift, bulwark, pw:life, rez legendary. There’s also a push to give all priest dispersion lol

Should make RMP more toxic than ever!

1 Like

a lot of people toss around loaded terms like ‘systems’ ‘borrowed power’ without understanding what they actually mean, they’re just parroting each other in a big game of telephone

1 Like

i don’t see retail ever stepping away from modifiers at this point

if you look at it from a pve pov (assume the design mentality always starts and ends there) modifiers let the devs keep rotations ridiculously simple for casual/bad players while adding a layer for “better” players to take advantage of

in the past doing damage was harder to do because things like snapshotting or double resource management existed which made damage outside of cooldowns if done right feel impactful
it feels like they really don’t want to make the entry level button pressing difficult for morons and use modifiers as nuance so everybody wins

8 Likes

why couldnt they just cut all the 20 % dmg buffs down to 5-8 or something and just buff the base damage in the meantime. still get their modifier gameplay but then I don’t have to watch 30 seconds of my dots get outpaced by 1 warrior global

1 Like

Shadow isn’t really a rot spec.

We have 2 long lasting dots that I wish were meaningful other than for mastery + apparitions. Definitely a single target spec in DF - going to have mindblast + procs, voidbolt, devouring plague, mindspike + procs, mindflay / sear and mindgames to juggle.

Possibly a result of them making adjustments to spread pressure stuff in PvE.

WoW just isn’t for PvP anymore. Retail made PvE so complicated that even with PvP modifiers the game is still trash. DF will probably only highlight this fact even more.

Remember a time where there was no difference between what abilities did in PvE and PvP. Cause Class design was great. I memba. That time will never return because Retail PvE is Diablo 3+ of mombo wombo button mashing.

2 Likes

dumb stop

1 Like

It’s pretty bad if a copy and paste macro is the depth of nuance for skill expression now. Modifiers in itself is fine. We’ve always had them, but not where it’s getting 15-20x modifiers. That’s the problem. It makes damage outside of them feel worthless and toxic with them.

1 Like