DF lightning bolt animation

I was actually thinking about the Legion empower animation as a possibility as well, yes.

1 Like

Enhancement needs the rockbiter animation back and needs to ditch the shock animations.

It could easily work with flame shock automatically applying and spreading with lava lash, and frost shock can be replaced with rockbiter. Itā€™s very anti-fantasy to constantly stow away my weapons to attack.

1 Like

The animation should be like a disconnector switching.

1 Like

Why this change never came is beyond me, this is so much better in my opinion.

8 Likes

Lolā€¦ I miss my derpy blue ball of doom

I was looking at lightning bolt compared to chain lightning the other day, and lightni g bolt does look really dull though.

3 Likes

Been waiting since the last patch of Legion for updated lightning bolt animations. Still no news in Dragonflight is depressing

2 Likes

Itā€™s literally used for Kill Command for both BM & Survival. 0 reason Enhance couldnā€™t use it for LB/LvB/EB/CL.

Because these forums went off the rails how the new animation was destroying Shaman identity or something and looked ā€œworseā€, and Blizzard caved to the feedback.

2 Likes

I highly doubt Blizz will ever do this again. They seem absolutely wholly against any class customization anymore. Glyphs suck and have for a long time, they have barely added any new ones and no real class customization since I think Hati quest? Might be wrong there but thatā€™s about the most recent example I can think off.

Look at how many elemental models exist in the game. Why can we still not use any one we choose? Same for demon models for warlocks. Itā€™s pure laziness.

1 Like

I have been begging and pleading on my knees for Blizzard to finally give Shaman the visual upgrades that every class got in Legion which were skipped over for Shaman. We are still using spells effects from Cataclysm for crying out loud, Iā€™m sick and tired of the static .jpg that is current Lightning Bolt, and that is not even mentioning all the other spells in our kit.

Every time I do a dungeon or raid I tend to pay more attention to the other player characters in my group since their spells are actually fun to look at.

Itā€™s honestly depressing knowing the next expansion will have a massive focus on the elements and elementals once again and weā€™ll see every NPC get new and shiny magic visuals for THEIR spells but we as PLAYER Shamans probably wonā€™t getting anything new to compensate and will have to be stuck with the still image of a lightning bolt photoshopped onto our screen once again.

5 Likes

yea its pathetic ion can be ashamed of himself for thinking the customer comes last. All he has done so far is impress Citadel shareholder with time played metric methods in game by wasting our time.

Yeah but did you see the lightning animations in VoI? Some of the razageth fight had lightning bolts that could easily be used for shaman and they look Soo good.

1 Like

I keep seeing this referenced but I canā€™t find what exactly happened. What is bus shock?

Bus Shock was something the forums had back in vanilla/bc. There were complaints about shaman viability, someone in the forums said that a dev, Eyonix (who suffered a serious illness at the time) should be run over by a bus/ got hit by a bus. It caught a lot of popularity.

It was then deemed Bus Shock ever since and people rumor that because of that and the popularity Bus Shock had, shaman are in a perpetual state of disarray by dev design. In other words the devs hold a grudge for their lives being threatened by a bus, or serious illness mocked by shaman forums.

In an expansion about the elements, Shaman really need some visual improvements.

-Update ascendance form. Please for the love of the elemental lords I beg you, update it.

-Lightning model needs updating. We should also summon it from the sky, not shoot it from our hands like puny mages.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been begging on the forums for updated shaman animations (especially elemental) since our new animations got scrapped in 7.3. Itā€™s also crazy that blizzard actually updated the lightning bolt and lava burst animations for literally every npc in the game that uses them, but not playable shamans

As putress said we have not forgiven, we have not forgotten

1 Like

I donā€™t get how they take the time to make new animations and visuals for NPCs but weā€™re still stuck with our ancient lightning animation and Ascendance placeholder form.