DF - All PvP gear same ilvl in PvP (except WM)?

Instead of your gear item level being based on your rating, all PVP gear will be the same item level in PVP. So everyone should be at the same level of gear. Increasing your rating and upgrading your gear will only increase its “PvE item level”

^Saw this on another website.
Is this confirmed fo’ real?

Also i understand there will be a separate gear vendor for WM/wPvP gear?

1 Like

Same vendor.

You can upgrade as much as you want to increase the ilvl in world pvp / pve but once you enter a battleground, it will all be the same level as other players.

An even playing field for all = Skill based game :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I love it. No more pve M+ folks rolling into bgs and two shotting ppl. I got a list of who’s getting flags in the bum due to that.

2 Likes

Holinka said in some interview that’s what they were aiming for, yeah.

Mythic+ gear is bad in PvP unless it’s the first few weeks or they can’t even get Challenger.

3 Likes

I dunno, there’s this one hunter in M+ gear that whoops my butt. I am big mad about it and they are numero uno on the flag in the bum list. They have next to no pvp gear.

I can see a case for a few key pieces, namely jewlery, if your spec doesn’t scale well off vers and/or you don’t play a legendary there. Vers honestly isn’t a very good damage stat for most specs, and you often don’t get much value off the meager defensive portion in a bg setting.

That only really happens at the start of a season when people don’t have enough upgraded conquest gear yet.

TY guys! Good to keep keeping an eye on.
i am hopeful.

I dont think that is true, i remember seeing on the beta that conquest gear is still better than BG gear in bgs\arena. Or are you saying that all gear will have the same Ilevel in bgs because i dont think that is correct.

He said Wod style in interview with Bajheera.

Honor set that scales up in bgs/arena
Conquest set that scales up in bgs/arena
Rating lets you upgrade conquest gear for pve

Now all the people who’ve been 1400-1700 for all of SL can be 1400-1700 in DF but instead of blaming gear upgrades they can just blame spec balance and their partners like the good old days. :dracthyr_love_animated:

People are acting like this is going to fix Alt gearing in BGS but its going to be exactly the same, the only difference is there is no progression gearing system for ranked gear anymore. IDK I am all or nothing… Full equalization or gear progression.

It would be like if you could get mythic raid gear from weekly world quests. Super lame. Nobody would push mythic raids if the gear didnt matter imo so i dont know why they are doing that for pvp. unless the transmog is amazing i could see this damaging ranked pvp.

Uh, alright. :dracthyr_love_animated:

Did you even play during WoD?

This will absolutely will fix alt gearing in BGs, IMO

3 Likes

Yup played my WWmonk. WOD was average and all the hype from these forums is weird i remember 1900 games in 2s taking 3-4 minutes+ minutes to pop. Wod was completely dead in comparison to MOP. First season of WOD was packed but after that it was dead.

What is going to fix alt gearing in bgs exactly?

Its very simple.

Players want to play. One day I may want to go on my priest. While on another day I may want to try my mage or rogue.

Shadowlands prevents players from even attempting to play their alts due to the gear difference.

Oh sure, I can play my brand new 60 shammy in the battlegrounds. But first I have to get a couple legendary pieces of gear, then get my pvp gear up to 7/7 and then play bgs for hours to get some level 1 conquest gear that I can never upgrade unless I do rated pvp.

Dragon Flight PVP - Hey I want to try my alt today - Okay, go ahead. You’ll not be great at first but after a few weeks, you’ll be geared just like everybody else.

Seems like a no brainer as to why they’re going back to the 1 honor set and 1 conquest style of pvp.

5 Likes

Fingers crossed honor and conquest doesn’t take too long in DF because between the removal of ranks in PvP and external stuff like legendary/covenant stuff they’ll probably make other stuff more time consuming to compensate.

This is the case now. :dracthyr_love_animated:

1 Like

This is absolutely not true.

2 legendary items and a 7/7 gear upgrade = 2 seconds of life.

It is quite possibly the worst pvp expansion in the history of the game.

I just want to play.

4 Likes

I should’ve specified that it’s the case for those willing to venture into ranked. Also most people in BGs have boogery gear, so it kind of works out.

People have been saying this every season since the first in TBC. :dracthyr_love_animated: So dramatic.

1 Like

I would argue that most players do not wish to participate in ranked play and were forced into it by the Shadowlands requirement to do so.

I would also argue that yes people will always complain about the game. However, in my view, i’ve never seen so many people say “screw this game” as I have during Shadowlands.

I’m sure I’m not the only player who continues to make alts in order to “just pvp” and enjoy living for more than 2 or 3 seconds.

4 Likes

It’s wild, and kind of like the slime cat thing where there’s tons of people who want the stuff but are unwilling to play with each other to get it. :dracthyr_love_animated: Ranked is pretty fun if you’ve got a buddy or two, and 1400-1600 isn’t inaccessible.

1 Like