@Devs, what are you doing about Healing?

that is a very good point, i believe that everyone would agree with it.

Daarrk you are one of the only WoW players I have seen who actually understands the importance of borrowed power due to stuff like passives progressively making bad players significantly stronger.

Sad.

Trying to gear out a Rogue to 441+ in 3 weeks without having a carry, or a static dungeon group isn’t going to product the same results.

More like people who raid will get things done one way or another.

I just think healing sucks and should be easier. Not because I think it’s always hard, but because I think people just don’t get any satisfaction from doing it.

The problem with this is that for healing to be fun, there has to be difficulty. Healing without risk of death is pointless. So places where people don’t die (your bracket) there’s no healers.

1 Like

Again - it doesn’t matter how long you sit in LFG if you get a healer and they can’t heal the bosses.

You can do enough healing in a +18 regardless of your group. If it’s not a “git gud” situation then I’m not exactly sure what other advice to give because it’s not like you don’t have enough healing to heal thru an 18.

I had a blast healing this season. But, I reached my goal and got bored, and now I am doing other things until the next season. But, then I’ll be back to heal again unless they make it a miserable experience.

This, I guess.

Then why are there no healers?
Could I be absolutely wrong? Sure.
If I am, the problem still exists. Not enough people are willing to heal and there is a shortage of the role to the point where it is preventing people from doing content. Do you have a suggestion, or are you just here to tell me that my thoughts are invalid?

1 Like

Earlier someone complained about waiting for a tank for thirty minutes.

There’s been a tank or healer shortage since forever, I don’t think it’s a problem.

That is textbook definition of a problem. While it exists for tanks too, it’s more prevalent with healers.

3 Likes

your thoughts aren’t invalid but there really isn’t much of a healer drought for keys above 20s.

my point is simply that no matter how long you wait in queue the key is dead if the healer can’t heal the bosses.

so how would you exactly fix such an issue? because you seem to be the one with the issue with healing, not me.

do you want to buff all healers to the sun? would that help? i agree that all healers should feel similar to hpal. but that doesn’t make people randomly want to log into a healer and do below 20 keys

there’s really no point in healing keys below 20 because as a healer you can get into 20s the second your even like 420 ilvl so that probably explains the “lack of” healers (even though i don’t see this and i primarily do this key range on my alts)

Well like I said before (you may have missed it, it’s a long thread) a small percentage of players are doing +20s and sometimes things just don’t apply to a small percentage of players. That doesn’t mean it’s not still a problem.
Takes forever to fill a raid group because you always need heals. Takes forever to fill anything below a 20+ because you need healers. There are no healers doing world content because honestly you would be crazy to go do world quests as a healer spec. Solo shuffle and battlegrounds are in DESPERATE need of healers. It’s a problem in every aspect of the game except for the example you pointed out. Please don’t use an exception and state it as the rule.

My problem with healing is that there aren’t enough players doing it. I personally don’t have much problems healing content. I rarely fail a key and when I do, it isn’t because of my heals. That being said, I’m not naive enough to think that just because it isn’t a problem for me, that it isn’t a problem. Maybe it’s not that healing is difficult, but rather it’s just boring? I’m not sure, but what I do know is that I need more people willing to do it if I want to play a spec that isn’t healer. I’m TIRED of healing on every class that can just so I don’t have to wait 20 minutes to get into a group.

1 Like

but rather it’s just boring?

Healing without possibility of death is boring, so healers gravitate to where people can die, but not too much.

Now, imagine a 100% buff to damage or whatever so people doing X keys will be doing yours instead.

Play augmentation evoker, mage, shadow priest, and you should get into groups faster as a dps.

i mean how would you make healing less boring then? if you think that’s the issue. like a lot of what you’re saying is great and all but there still really isn’t a solution that you’ve proposed

so u buff healing to make it more appealing? i don’t do world content or pvp so i don’t know anything about that world. but what i do know, is that this will always be an issue unless we get like shadowlands style healing back. where it’s mostly dpsing and little to no healing checks.

for some reason healers play healers and then don’t like having healing checks. some of the most fun healing is on difficult bosses. like third boss HoI where it’s just a patchwerk heal off.

I enjoy healed healing in S1. I do not enjoy healing in S2, and haven’t done M+ in a long time since experiencing the how much Blizzard hates my role.

Why s1 and not s2? S1 was harder even.

1 Like

S1 was not harder. Healing in S1 was challenging but doable with gear. S2 has been terrible.

Revisionist history much. It was absolutely harder. Both content itself, and the rate of gear acquisition.

Maybe if you came after Annulet was released, then maybe not so much?

But if you came at the end of S1, then comparing it to S2 now (when it’s not the end.) Isn’t a fair comparison.

Algethar academy had crawth.
The entire of azure vaults.
Ruby Life pools had kyrakka… if you managed to survive the trash.
Jade Serpent had the third boss and sha of doubt, and the last pull before the final boss.
Halls of valor had well… every boss except the first.
COS was also hard before they reworked the lines.
SBG was mostly free.
Nokhud had the second boss.

what this guy says:

Except that’s a raid analysis, not mythic plus. Not a fair comparison.

And raid healing isn’t remotely the same environment as m+ healing. I do agree with this analysis.

With how fast you can get geared, it was pretty easy to do even +18-20 by the first couple of weeks of season 2. I haven’t touched m+ for a month now, but seeing people complaining now it seems to me that less skilled players are finally getting to do higher keys and are running into problems.