Devs play mage confirmed

i dunno its really bothering me

1 Like

Since every comp will have a ms now, why not just remove ms and reduce all healing output instead?

honestly nice try here rofl
whats the point of talents in a game?

I’d rather them have situational ms like sharpen, shiv, etc.

Tying MS to something you spam is just lazy development and zero thought input from the dps.

1 Like

If we’re just giving away mortal strike, I’ll take one… on earthshock or something.

1 Like

Yes let’s add more variations of MS to the game instead of just removing them all and actually balancing.

1 Like

Is it Frost only or? Does this mean I can use Cone of Cold to apply MS??

indeed you can and im pretty sure blizzard, frozen orb, and mirror images spam frostbolt

1 Like

i thought i was going crazy dude lmao

1 Like

Bruh moment

1 Like

Yea you have a talent that makes cone of cold root for 4 seconds not breaking on anything.

1 Like

Yes please. 200% during wings.

5 Likes

This was a necessary change to help balance out mages who have been struggling notably for the past 72 hours seeing as only two RMPs have topped the NA/EU ladders this week and other classes were starting to actually look strong.

All jokes aside though, I do think frost mage has lacked the feeling of having some sort of distinct playstyle/strength since MoP/WOD. Not to say it hasn’t had any good seasons, just that it’s gone progressively downhill and only performs well as a dampener in a specific meta when it’s overtuned and/or destro lock is broken. This change only further solidifies the frost mage dampener playstyle imo - it makes just running & doing wizard damage the unequivocally best way to play the spec, it favors PvE damage over setup or big burst and it is strong enough that if it makes it live no other positive frost mage changes would really go through at risk of utterly breaking the spec imo.

Only thing that gives me hope is how absurd (in a good way) some talent trees like war/sham are.

3 Likes

Eh tbh if this MS change goes through RMP would literally be the last mage comp to benefit from it.

MLX / godcomp / frozen/fire chicken are all going to make a comeback or just any double caster comp with a mage will be S tier.

1 Like

Are you sure about that? because having a 50% ms incentivizes Outlaw/Arcane being a PVE comp. And all 3 mage specs can PVE pretty well in arena.

It just makes MLS & shatter really good comps for absolutely 0 reason.

I vaguely remember you saying the same thing about Slaughterhouse quite a while back.

1 Like

Maybe now everyone will adopt my hobby of saying insulting things to/about Mage, and Rogue players.

Somewhere tonight some early S3 Destro/Frost Resolve Glad Mage read this post, high-fived himself, and yelled ‘I’m back, baby!’ Think about that the next time you see a Mage post and don’t insult him.

3 Likes

Every body was so excited when talent trees came out yay we get new talents and what not… talents trees revealed they just took all our basic abilities and made them talents and added all the covenant abilities. I am personally sick of this high one shot meta from all these crazy abilities now they are just giving every one a ms when healers already have a hard time actually healing damage unless all players are rank 1 it’s like if you are caught in stun without trinket your dead. I mean warriors just straight up run at u and pve you to death with no cc or set up. I love this game but it has gone to s and f all the robot alien theme get back to the old world of Azeroth updated feels way more grounded and makes you wanna explore the world, zeroth Morris is so boring you go do the same daily quests every day just to be able to pvp. And I know I got way off topic mages do not need a ms .

I mean, we already have a 40% perma MS in the game and it’s not like there isn’t already a few casters with MS (looking at you non-aff locks). :joy:

Nothing surprises me anymore.

I dont understand blizzard, no mage asked for this at all. Mages wanted to be squishy, high motility casters. The one spell mages have been asking for is deepfreeze for frost…and they just make stupid stuff like this instead

1 Like