@Devs, Ion, CM’s- Do you even read the forums? #portalgate

Ok so there’s over 14 k+ posts over #portalgate. Why just silence from you guys?

6 Likes

Silence? That have what…a dozen replies? You may not like their replies, and I don’t like them all either. But its not silence.

3 Likes

We got one generic copy paste response acknowledging our concerns from Kaivax over a week ago there guy, and over 14k posts. Thanks though!

3 Likes

I mean…Still wrong.

The thread was started by a CM and no posts whatsoever since by anyone from Blizzard/Activision.

3 Likes

What about this thread?

It’s just the same thing that is written in the other thread; No logical explanation for their removal just a lot of mumbo jumbo.

3 Likes

The developers are all so smug. They blame the game bleeding subs as being ‘a cycle’ or something stupid like that. People hated pruning in wod… and blizzard double down again in legion and even pruned more for bfa. People hated no flying… blizzard makes you waiting longer every expansion for flying. People hated GCD change… did it anyways. They problem goes much further than portals. The problem starts and ends with Ion. I bet Greg Streets hired Ion to make himself look like a developer god in comparison.

6 Likes

Ok. So its not about “silence”, as the OP is complaining about. Its about “not liking their response”. Which I literally agreed about.

2 Likes

I’m doing my part by putting down one of those “Tears Ahead” signs in the portal room whenever i’m there. I wasn’t the only one because I saw another person had beat me to it on one occasion.

1 Like

This is my feeling as well. I can live without the portals. I have real issue with why and how they took them away though. And their determination to flat out ignore anything the players want and follow their own vision, especially when it comes to things that are convenient for players but have little to no bearing on the game; like the CoT portal. The devs are so damn arrogant and… insular that they can’t even read their own players anymore. This says decisions will get worse, not better. They’re just not nearly as smart as they think they are.

5 Likes

According to former CM Ythienns who was laid off, on his personal stream he was asked “Do Devs read the forums?”

His response was, that yes they do. And some ideas from the forum are discussed internally.

And he said Ion reads the forums more than any other Blizzard employee, even more than CMs.

4 Likes

Completely agree.

1 Like

That is my biggest problem with this whole thing too. The arrogance and silence on their part.

3 Likes